Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-05-19, 20:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeofjune View Post
this is pretty good. I like the guitar and you've got a good voice. A couple of things though: have you autotuned your voice? Because it sounds a little like and I really don't think you need to - your voice sounds fine without it. Also, I think the voice didn't quite sit in the mix - although I can never get vocals to sit right. This is a good song though - I liked it a lot.
Thanks for the feedback. I think you and the other poster are spot on about the vocals. I tend to be very impatient about recording, especially when it is taking a while to get a good take, so I put the autotune on the track to get it sounding tuneful quickly. Its a demo at this point really, and I hope to go back and record some better vocals when I have the opportunity so that I can dispense with the Neptune.

And getting vocals to sit right in the mix is a always a challenge for me. Its usually more luck than judgement when it comes off!

Cheers,
Tom