Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-05-20, 14:43

Ep title track! Happiness [Dubstep]

Here's one of the title tracks from my forthcoming collaborative EP with GeorgeFeb!
This track has been waiting to see the light of day for quite some time, George and I actually wrote this track last year but it's here now.
Two more tracks will be uploaded to the set later in the week

Feel free to like, comment, share or leave feedback here
Loading SoundCloud…

https://soundcloud.com/villan-1/happiness-ft-georgefeb

https://soundcloud.com/villan-1/absolute

https://soundcloud.com/villan-1/do-w...-short-version

Last edited by VillaNDubstep; 2013-05-22 at 16:27.
Old 2013-05-20, 16:22

Wink

It has a big sound going on there! Nice work guys!
Old 2013-05-20, 20:49

Wooo ' What a great "big ol Phatt sound guys ' Lovin that dirty Narly Bass & that Lead-harmony that drops in at 2.37 ish & 5,05 is freakin wicked ' Very good vibes from this track/Remix or whatever Ps WELL DONE GUY'S
Jamie..........
Old 2013-05-20, 21:19

Thanks again Tony

And Jp, I do hope this gets blasted out to annoy the neighbours at some point lol
The track was originally my remix of George's track but it felt more like a collab between us both and lead to us writing even more tracks together.
Will put up the second title track tomorrow - Absolute - then the bonus one for the EP on Wednesday
Hopefully will have it all uploaded to band camp soon available for download, probably next monday but don't quote me on that lol
Old 2013-05-21, 00:23

Really solid track! Just a few things. The kick is nice and boomy but I think could use just a touch more high end just to make it a little clearer.

Just a few things with the snare. Are you running the reverb right on the snare or the FX channel in the mixer on a separate reverb only channel. I find if you run a snare through the FX channel and have the FX have it's own dedicated channel the original snare will sound cleaner with high amounts of reverb. Also you can HPF the reverb channel so it only does the higher frequencies. Last thing on the snare if you added a tiny bit of white noise to the top and let that ring out it will add some nice high end length to the snare.

Really sick tune. Great job!
Old 2013-05-21, 10:19

Hey man, glad you like the track and some great tips on the snare. I did the final mixdown last year, did several other mixdowns since but this one sounded the best to me, so a bit hazy on what I actually did to the snare without looking lol but probably not too much. Great white noise tip btw

Some great feedback and much appreciated, something to think about
Old 2013-05-21, 11:53

Absolute has been added to the set now - links in original post. Much appreciate anyone that takes the time to check out this Dnb tune!
Old 2013-05-21, 12:00
Banned

Thanks a lot for the comments guys, much appreciated!

Check out Absolute D&B from the set, crazy stuff!
Old 2013-05-21, 23:12

Solid tracks! You guys have a distinctive style that makes your music seem unique and original to me.
Old 2013-05-22, 00:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zscott318 View Post
Solid tracks! You guys have a distinctive style that makes your music seem unique and original to me.
Thanks dude! Glad you like them
Got one more track coming - tomorrow hopefully