Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-06-01, 20:29

"Real" Audio Inputs for Audio Tracks

Hi,

currently the whole "REC Source" and "Audio Input"-Chooser behavior seems to be out of place, given the patch-ability that's available in all other areas in Reason.

So...

Please add "Audio In" sockets to the "Audio Track" Rack item.
Old 2013-06-01, 20:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by msascha View Post
Please add "Audio In" sockets to the "Audio Track" Rack item.
Not sure if this is what you want, but a Mix Channel seems to be the place to route non-automatic audio. It has Audio In sockets, which seems to be the only difference with an Audio Track. Mix Channel is under Utilities in the rack creation menu.
Reason 7; 27" iMac; Akai MPK88; Konnekt6; Amplitube; Miroslav Gold; Fender Strat, Tele, Jazz Bass, Blues Jr III, SCXD; Spector Bass; Agile Les Paul; Ergo Bass; Zero-G Total Rex; Trident A-Range; RE-2A; Vermilion; Creme; Revival; Futurator; Glitch; Logic Studio 9; Reaktor 5.8.
Old 2013-06-02, 04:59

He's talking about recording audio signals into audio tracks so it appears as audio clips... and I think he has a point. This would be helpful for some applications, but I think Reason is moving somewhat away from rack-building with the parallel channels and buses and emphasis on the SSL, so it's probably not going to happen.
Old 2013-06-02, 07:11

I agree with this suggestion. I brought it up before myself.

That ridiculously small rec source button could be made bigger, and audio inputs added for people who want to feed audio the cable way (thus bypassing the need for a mix channel as rec source).