Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-09-19, 07:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightONE View Post
well we can deal with the polyphonic CV by stuffing all the oscillators on a Combinator... the audio path once it's behind the mixer is polyphonic... Sure, it is cumbersome to do all you oscillator detuning by hand... and design your effect chain but i think that with enough hours you could probably give the big feature synths, like massive, sylenth1, zebra etc a good run for their money...

I mean I'm grateful we have predator on RE, but, other that enhancing workflow by stuffing effects and oscillators in a single device, you could probably hack combinators and replicate the results.. i guess predator's value lies in the 128 waves in the oscillator... but if you think about it, you could sample very high quality raw waves, load them in nn-xt and do the aforementioned treatment...
I'm sorry but it's not polyphonic. No CV or Audio signals in Reason are polyphonic outside the "jack". So regardless of what you say, you can't do i.e. true polyphonic FM like DX7 or FS1R in Reason atm nor can you have a polyphonic sound made up with several devices where you run i.e. the Malström oscillators through Thor's filters on a per voice basis.
Old 2012-09-20, 17:21

What a thread. This discussion predates the RE shop, like a bit of techie archaology.

At this point, it seems like building something like a reason device designer could fall into a third party hands. Tassman as a rack extension could work rather well, if props could open the sdk enough to allow it. It really follows the spirit of reason, right down to the tab key. just that tab opens a schematic rather than a patch panel.

There could be a player RE which could open finished instruments to play, and a standalone editor app. Tassmann/Reaktor and family already work like this. Owners of the full version could build custom REs, and a modestly priced RE player opens them in Reason.

I mention particularly Tassmann not just because ive already got it, but also it has the right look and feel already. The player side is made of rackmounted modules complete with screws and 3d lighting. As if the designers for props and AAS slept together in art school. A Tassmann player for reason would just fit in so well.
Old 2012-09-20, 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeppel View Post
What a thread. This discussion predates the RE shop, like a bit of techie archaology.
Yeah, who would have thought, eh?

I agree with Tassman, I own it as well (though I admit that I haven't been using it a lot). I like all the different physical modeling elements that are in there, next to the standard synth stuff. Really nice.
Old 2012-09-21, 04:29

u r a wise one..cool idea mannnn
Old 2013-06-07, 18:28

I came up with this idea before Rack Extensions were known. I still think that this is a great idea, and it could be a RE Device Designer instead of a Reason Device Designer. Like a Reaktor/Synth Edit/Synth Maker like environment for RE's. That would be awesome, with a splash of awesome sauce.
Old 2013-06-07, 19:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXode View Post
I came up with this idea before Rack Extensions were known. I still think that this is a great idea, and it could be a RE Device Designer instead of a Reason Device Designer. Like a Reaktor/Synth Edit/Synth Maker like environment for RE's. That would be awesome, with a splash of awesome sauce.
I.e. implement the current, or a future, RE SDK to some kind of program that allows you to design by using stock elements, letting the SDK-wrapped-in-the-prgram do the work behind the scenes? Yes, please. But I'd expect this to be a very long way off, if it ever even came to be.
Old 2013-06-07, 21:04

Cool should be part of the SDK

I think a tool like this should be included in (a new version of) the SDK, if there is nothing like this already.
Old 2013-06-09, 10:42

One of the best suggestions ever. In the original philosophy of Reason ;-)

Reason 7.0.1 / Mac Pro 8 core 16 gigabyte Ram / M-Audio Firewire 410 / Studio UAD Solo 2 Quad / Behringer BCF2000 / Ua Distressor / Yamaha HFS80/ Blamsoft Resampler / Bitspeek LPC Vocoder / Ozone Maximizer / Rough Compressor / Softube FET / RPdistort Effect / RPsubboombass / Synapse Antidote / Korg Polysix / Quadelectra Stereo Splitter / Selig Curve / ReQ131

https://facebook.com/lemecdj
https://twitter.com/karimlemecdj
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://www.youtube.com/user/kynziomusic