Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-06-23, 10:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasys View Post
The on screen keyboard is made for quick auditioning of sounds, and it works pretty well. I find myself checking out sounds with it using the z and x to switch octaves quickly.
I like the repeat function. It quickly demonstrates how boring life can get. But of course that is not using it. It is abusing it. The hold function can produce cacophony in no time at all.

The weakness of the step function is mouse/keyboard method of selection of note duration. Failure to change duration at frequent intervals did not help the rhythm section.

Cakewalk had a way to overcome the monotony of this lack of rhythm by quantising with other than 50% swing. Succeeding notes were made longer and shorter repeatedly. Your compositions could sound 'big bandish' in a flash.