Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2008-10-26, 19:34

Exclamation Oscillator Sketches (Mockup)

Old 2008-10-27, 19:28

Quote:
NN19 Osc:
A digital sample-based oscillator capable of reading either .wav/.aif or NN19's .smp format. It should only read the multi-sample data and discard filter/amp settings, etc. This osc should also incorporate some granular synthesis trickery as well!
YEAH! That was my idea too. And with a sample-start-parameter like in NN19, please.
Old 2008-10-27, 19:37

here's a screenshot of the NN19 Oscillator for loading NN19 Multisamples.
Maybe someone can make a better GUI , I'm not a designer .

The design is exactly oriented on the other Oscillators design. You can load NN19 Multisamples (only the Multisample) and decide if you want to play the left, right channel or the sum. And a knob for sample start is there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NN19 Osc.jpg (60.8 KB, 30 views)
Old 2008-10-27, 23:21

It seems like a major oversight that you can not copy pattern to track with thor. This is an essential element in being able to fully use this synth to its full ability. Users are able to do this with any of the other synths and of course redrum, why this was left out is beyond me.
Old 2008-10-31, 04:25

Smile More cow bell and whistles

Reason is designed to look like a home studio, and not a pro set, but what if they took the time to show a keyboard that is what we are really dealing with. Picture this one guy wants a hyper-sampler/analog/FM/whatever you want to create keyboard. With the sound modules you have the sounds but keyboard players want to see their board. It would allow us to make our own board. Lastly if we keep adding to the basic program it will lead to unstable mixes and no one wants that. The best thing for the reasons programmers to do is create add-ons, or plug-ins.
Option one: would be to keep what we have now,
Option two: a stereo bus mixer with separate mastering board, and
Option three: a keyboard that is on the screen that we can configure ourselves not just sound modules.
Picture the Thor board, or a keyboard that has two pitch bend wheels and vector control, its a anolog/ sampler. or a roland mixed with a yamaha calling it a JV-DX.The possiblities would be endless.
Old 2008-11-10, 21:31

An additive OSC, a second analogue OSC with lo freq mode and maybe a shapeable style-LFO similar to the one you sketched would be pretty cool!
Actually, I wouldn't mind having a sample OSC loading nn19 patches as well...

@eXode:
Are the 3 'analogue OSC b' waveforms fixed in their slots or can you change them to, say, to 2 triangles and and a sawtooth?

Pulse / square sub OSC affected by PWM? I would say yes, all 3 wave shapes are suitable for some sort of PWM, even though triangle and saw could be achieved with different PWM settings but the same basic wave-form.

Last edited by Slope; 2010-09-29 at 04:00.
Old 2008-11-25, 10:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slope View Post
An additive OSC, a second analogue OSC with lo freq mode and maybe a shapeable style-LFO similar to the one you sketched would be pretty cool!
Actually, I wouldn't mind having a sample OSC loading nn19 patches as well...

@eXode:
Are the 3 'analogue OSC b' waveforms fixed in their slots or can you change them to, say, to 2 triangles and and a sawtooth?

Pulse / square sub OSC affected by PWM? I would say yes, all 3 wave shapes are suitable for some sort of PWM, even though triangle and saw could be achieved with different PWM settings but the same basic wave-form.
Haven't actually thought about Analogue Osc B waveforms. Maybe would be useful with them changable.
Old 2013-07-06, 01:58

I'm all for CS-80 modules but you know what we'd need to really get good use out of them, right? More four stage envelopes and... poly aftertouch.
Old 2013-07-06, 04:22

it's one thread that I find complicated but I luv it !

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2013-07-06, 07:30

It's a nice thread and very interesting now that we have RE... It shows that we could have more even without RE. Anyway I thank you eXode to have me loving Thor again !