Propellerhead Software
Old 2009-01-21, 22:35

Peff,
Might I inquire as to where I can find that youtube video? Much appreciated!

Rob
Old 2009-01-22, 18:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainstyle View Post
Peff,
Might I inquire as to where I can find that youtube video? Much appreciated!

Rob
Hey Rob,

Sorry I replied on my phone, and couldn't paste a link. You can skip ahead a minute to get into the meat of the examples. It's not a tutorial, simply a demonstration. There are a few drum loops running constantly in the background, and a combi is set up to switch between them. The signals are then processed through a chain of about 10 different effects. What you hear is a combination of the various effects in series. So one point might be a filter sweep with a keyed gate, or a comb filter applied to a beat repeat. A step beat repeater followed by a micro repeater being pitch swept, etc.

here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X060N6V7uPQ
Old 2009-01-23, 01:41

Yo,
Reason needs something like Sugar Bytes Effectrix witch is like Glitch.
Sugar Bytes Plug ins are of the HOOK!!!
If you don't know about Sugar Bytes, check out this link:

www.sugar-bytes.de

Also, I think that Reason should have more FX like:

Stereo Spread

Vocal Transformer

Ring Shifter

Pitch Shifter

Bit Crusher

Delay Designer

PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN PROPELLERHEAD!!!
Old 2009-01-23, 06:25

Sometimes you see something that makes you completely depressed and want to throw in the towel because you know you'll never be able to build something that cool.

Then you pick yourself up and realize just how inspired you've become and jump back into it and work your ass off until you figure it out on your own.

Let's just say that all happened when I watched this Peff. Thanks! I think... no definitely thanks!

Can't wait to get the book. I have your 2.5 edition (which I think was your first version). But it's about time to upgrade. Figuring out how you constructed that monster is worth the price of admission.

To everyone else who enjoys playing with glitch: watch this.

cheers.
Rob
Old 2009-01-23, 22:24

Peff:

Thanks for the beat repeater tutorial. I had built a gigantor combinator for glitchy stuff but sometimes I just wanted a simple beat repeater and wasn't really sure how to do it (ended up borrowing Kage's model for the combi I did put together but did not understand how it worked).

Great video too, those stacks sound really awesome!
Old 2013-07-06, 20:30

Combinator like DBlue VST

Just found this Producer Conference video from Berlin, 2011 featuring Propellerhead's Mattias Gerdt where he mentions something called the "Complexator," a crazy Combinator patch someone created that does this sort of thing. Sounds a lot like what you guys were working on here.

Anyway, I would love to find and dissect said Combinator to glean some tips and tricks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1ax73IYtcQ

You can skip to about 22:00 to check it out.

Last edited by josces; 2013-07-06 at 20:32. Reason: Fixed YouTube link
Old 2013-07-07, 03:37

Scratch that -- after much digging I've found it! From user odarmonix... about 9 years ago:

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...791#post950791

Very nice work here!