Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-07-03, 02:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasys View Post

Let me give you some advice. Focus on solutions, not on problems.
I don't need any advice from you thank you. You should heed your own...

Recognizing a "problem" is a step toward the solution.

#Hopeful
Old 2013-07-03, 02:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjassonturner View Post
I don't need any advice from you thank you. You should heed your own...

Recognizing a "problem" is a step toward the solution.

#Hopeful
You get advice anyway. It's called a "forum".

Anyway, you're being silly.

You're like I WANT A WHOLE BREAD SO I CAN SLICE IT MYSELF when the baker offers you sliced bread.

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
Old 2013-07-03, 02:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasys View Post
You get advice anyway. It's called a "forum".

Anyway, you're being silly.

You're like I WANT A WHOLE BREAD SO I CAN SLICE IT MYSELF when the baker offers you sliced bread.
Terrible analogy. Seems you want the last word so you can have it. Peace and Blessings
Old 2013-07-03, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjassonturner View Post
Terrible analogy. Seems you want the last word so you can have it. Peace and Blessings
Fortunately, you don't suffer from that same ailment, or do you?

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
Old 2013-07-04, 04:33

phasys, i don't wanna use a bus in this case. i want to select 30 tracks if i have to and lower all of them down, like any normal music making software.
So, that ridiculous "use a bus" suggestion is not a solution, it's a workaround.

So, PLEASE PROPPELLERHEADS, implement this simple feature (wich i really can't understand why you haven't done it yet) .
Old 2013-07-07, 05:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNGmaestro View Post
Thanks for all the non-stupid responses

Another thing i like to use this functionality is for when sometimes i like the mix as it is but it's just too loud, instead of lowering the master fader, i lower all the mixer faders.
Along the years i've been hearing to never touch the master fader, so i gained that habit.

This isn't even a big thing. It's just a small increment that could be implemented on a small update.
Agreed...keeping things "green and clean" as another poster stated. It's just a feature that is included with every other "professional" Daw I've used. Folding tracks in the mixer would be super nice. I am so curious and clueless to what possible features the next upgrade will include for $149 bucks...this should be interesting.
Old 2013-07-07, 16:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub08 View Post
If these tracks do not warrant being "grouped" together, why do they need grouped volume control?

Just genuinely wondering, not bashing your sugg.

thats always what I been thinking

a group does the same and if in next patterns you whant to make another group with some of the other group (with less or other tracks) it does it so to me group is the exact same !

I only readed this on paper, I did not instal seven yet yet !

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2013-07-08, 00:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuup408 View Post
I understand his point..everyone mixes and recors different...for example im more comfy with punch into fix mistakes and never record into reason because of that. read a post the other day where people were bashing punchers.but thats what i like. highlight and group faders is what they like..not mad atem

I love punch too....but gave up waiting for it.....hightlight real quick and pull down faders.....makes it easier and quicker to me...but who am i? maybe ill just buy the thor app that was made with time instead of waiting for a fix with time....lol...
Old 2013-07-08, 01:14

What I don't believe is why you didn't just ask for the feature in a pleasant manner, it wouldn't require a huge rewrite of Reason to implement it, would seemingly be useful to a few peoples workflow. You catch more bees with honey............
Old 2013-07-08, 01:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuup408 View Post
I understand his point..everyone mixes and recors different...for example im more comfy with punch into fix mistakes and never record into reason because of that. read a post the other day where people were bashing punchers.but thats what i like. highlight and group faders is what they like..not mad atem
Here is a perfect scenario as to why this is useful. I use "Parallel Channels" as send fx channels so I can tweak (pan, compress, eq) my reverb, chorus, flanger, etc fx. This work flow kind of carried over from ProTools where you could create Aux Busses and route 1-(to infinite) channels to this bus and use it as a send/return. This is a technique that is not new...even with SSL Consoles..or any other Desk with a bunch of channels. Adding Fx can make things louder and eventually cause your mix to clip. When I bus...say all the drums and add compression and eq..I don't want to bus and compress all of the fx with the raw signals.. And if I use a group channel to turn things down...the fx will still be at the same volume from the parallel channels.. I should be able to select the drums, and the parallel/fx channels and lower them ALL by the same volume. Grouping doesn't serve this purpose...although I could group all of the fx to a bus...but why? When all I want to do is adjust the overall mix and be done with it.

Loading SoundCloud…