Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-07-08, 01:33

32in x 32out how to playback on all channels

My church has a Behringer X32 digital console that sports a pretty awesome 32in x 32out recording interface (can't wait to do some live band gigs). The 32out is post gain/pre eq, and we can change the desk to route the 32in through each individual channel.

I can record all 32 channels to independent audio tracks, but is it possible to route those tracks back to the corresponding output channel?

At the moment, the only option I have for output on each channel is the master bus which routes to outs 1 and 2. The other 30 outs, although present in the master section, are unused.
Old 2013-07-08, 01:47

What would be the advantage of that?

Fairlight Platinum, Orlando JX10, Flux, O8 and more - high quality refills to get your creative juices flowing!

http://bitley.laconicsounds.net
Old 2013-07-08, 02:01

There's a few advantages. If we can record a live event and then play it back through the desk, we can let the new guys learn and practice without the stress of learning on an actual live event. We can also use it to work on eq/dynamics/effects without needing bands to play for hours while us geeky sound guys tinker around.
Old 2013-07-08, 02:32

Ah beauty. I found out how to do this. Lesson of the day... don't think like protools, that just overcomplicates things.

When you tab over to the back of the hardware interface rack, audio tracks can be patched directly to the hardware outputs, bypassing the mixer entirely. This is what I needed.
Old 2013-07-08, 20:53

I use the same mixer when I mix at church and I have been wanting to setup everything within Reason. I hope to have a Mac book pro soon. How do you like everything running into reason?
Old 2013-11-01, 00:12

Sorry for the delay. I didn't check back after I fixed it.

I quite enjoy using reason. The setup is still a bit of a mission doing all that patching, but mastering afterwards is such a breeze. I've been meaning to make a template project that's pre patched as that would save so much time.

Arming the particular tracks that I need to record is still a pain. I'd like to arm from the mixer instead of the sequencer because that interface matches what I see on the desk.

I haven't figured out stereo tracks yet, like my line6 pod or the keyboard. They're still recorded as two independant mono tracks.
Old 2013-11-01, 16:55

I think you have to do that with the direct out from each SSL Channel.

I don't have reason here, but i'll check it in the weekend.

Cheers!
Configure Multiple Behringer BCF2000 on Reason 6:
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...992#post903992
Old 2013-11-02, 07:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganm View Post
I haven't figured out stereo tracks yet, like my line6 pod or the keyboard. They're still recorded as two independant mono tracks.
On the audio input channel ( in Reason) in the rack view there should be a place to switch from mono to stereo. Just select stereo input and select which channels to record.