Propellerhead Software
  #1  
Old 2013-07-05, 18:50
jtindle jtindle is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Reason Essentials??

I'm in a praise band without a drummer and have been using Reason Adapted for M-Audio for drum beats. Usually we just make a 16 beat pattern in Redrum and loop it. Occasionally I will try to do the whole song with different beats for verses and chorus and bridges but I'm not a drummer and it takes a very long time and once complete it doesn't sound like the actual songs drums. Would Reason Essentials benefit us over Adapted version? Would I be able to create drum patterns for songs any easier? Also, I have seen where some people will let you download Reason 4,5,6 etc.files to use. Are these compatible with Reason Essentials?

Thanks

Jeff
  #2  
Old 2013-07-05, 19:00
dub08's Avatar
dub08 dub08 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,829
Hi Jeff! I don't know very much about Adapted or Essentials or, the differences between them but, I can say for sure that, a newer version of Reason/Reason essentials should have no issues opening old 4,5,6 files.
Hope that helps

All the best!

EDIT: I may of been lying a bit....I'm not sure if R Essentials can open files from "full" version of Reason. Missing alot of devices...

Ok I guess I am of absolutely no help here! Sorry for that
__________________
www.008refills.com 15 FREE Reason ReFills in the -008' Newsletter
  #3  
Old 2013-07-05, 20:43
jtindle jtindle is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Also, can one install Reason Essentials on multiple computers? I would want a copy on the churches computer and then a copy on my home computer.
  #4  
Old 2013-07-05, 21:36
phasys's Avatar
phasys phasys is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtindle View Post
Also, can one install Reason Essentials on multiple computers? I would want a copy on the churches computer and then a copy on my home computer.
If you use only 1 at the same time, that's fine. If you use 2 at the same time with only one license, beware of lightning strikes.
__________________
"Having unlimited choices can paralyze you creatively." - David Byrne

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
  #5  
Old 2013-07-05, 22:33
reasoner498's Avatar
reasoner498 reasoner498 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 836
Reason Essentials will give you approximately the same instruments as Reason Adapted, so it may not help if Adapted isn't sufficient for your needs (ie, Redrum is Redrum in both apps...).

Essentials can open Reason Limited files (the replacement for Reason Adapted), but it can't open Reason "full-version" files.

Reason Essentials would still be more flexible than Reason Adapted, as you would have audio tracks, a basic SSL mixer, rack extensions, etc.

The best thing to do is download the demo and try it out to see if it fits your needs.
  #6  
Old 2013-07-08, 22:58
Nymphomation's Avatar
Nymphomation Nymphomation is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 367
Maybe use Rex loops instead of trying to programme your drums? For stuff with a band, recorded loops of proper drums might sound better.
__________________
MicroKontrol|Tascam 1641|KRK RP6|Epiphone Thunderbird|Sonuus B2M|Access Virus C|Waldorf Pulse|Volca Bass|Electribe ESX|Cubase5|Reason7
-----------------------------------------------
Loading SoundCloud…
  #7  
Old 2013-07-09, 01:55
yorick's Avatar
yorick yorick is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtindle View Post
I'm in a praise band without a drummer and have been using Reason Adapted for M-Audio for drum beats. Usually we just make a 16 beat pattern in Redrum and loop it. Occasionally I will try to do the whole song with different beats for verses and chorus and bridges but I'm not a drummer and it takes a very long time and once complete it doesn't sound like the actual songs drums. Would Reason Essentials benefit us over Adapted version? Would I be able to create drum patterns for songs any easier? Also, I have seen where some people will let you download Reason 4,5,6 etc.files to use. Are these compatible with Reason Essentials?

Thanks

Jeff
Jeff what you might want to try is making a beat for each section, bouncing it down, then loading it back into DrOctorex to trigger it, and assigning each loop a key on the keypad for easy triggering.

Or use the step sequencer in redrum, assigning different beats for the different sections (and banks for up to 4 songs- each with 8 sections...), again assigning the patterns to a computer keypad key.

Then you can be changing sections by hitting a key, rather than using your mouse/
  #8  
Old 2013-07-09, 06:43
SteveDiverse's Avatar
SteveDiverse SteveDiverse is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub08 View Post
Hi Jeff! I don't know very much about Adapted or Essentials or, the differences between them but, I can say for sure that, a newer version of Reason/Reason essentials should have no issues opening old 4,5,6 files.
Hope that helps

All the best!

EDIT: I may of been lying a bit....I'm not sure if R Essentials can open files from "full" version of Reason. Missing alot of devices...

Ok I guess I am of absolutely no help here! Sorry for that
Reason Essentials only opens Reason Essentials files.
__________________

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
  #9  
Old 2013-07-09, 15:13
reasoner498's Avatar
reasoner498 reasoner498 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDiverse View Post
Reason Essentials only opens Reason Essentials files.
It also opens Reason Limited files.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upgrade from Essentials + Balance to Reason 6.5 FAILS lfo4 General Forum (read only) 7 2013-02-22 17:29
difference between Reason and Reason essentials? Rhypht General Forum (read only) 13 2012-12-07 14:52
Balance and reason essentials koma7 General Forum (read only) 5 2012-05-08 11:09
R+R vs Reason/Record buying Balance with Reason Essentials n0ahg Phead User Forum (read only) 0 2011-09-28 23:48


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:46.