Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-07-22, 20:54

Question OT: height adjustable, portable desk

So, I'm looking for a height adjustable, collapsable (or easily disassembled) desk.

My goal is to have a desk in which I can fit my 88 key controller snuggly beneath the tabletop with just the keys peaking out.

So far, some of my options are 6 ft, adjustable folding tables and perhaps something like this...

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...18/#/S29806818
At first sight, I thought the legs would attach much like the legs of a projection stand (in which they themselves are threaded and screw into the desk). That's not the case. They are attached to the frame and made permanent when the tabletop is attached.

As far as the typical folding tables, I'm concerned about the room underneath due to the metal cross-bracing.

I'm pretty nomadic and move around often, and most everything I have folds up and comes apart easily =) I used to have a studio desk, but just didn't like moving it around and having to take it apart to fit it through doorways (so, I donated it).

Thought I'd ask the folks in this community if any of you use something similar or have a similar setup to what I am looking for. Maybe some of you touring folk use something in particular?

Thanks!