Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-08-07, 20:42

show all midi notes in semi-transparency

I constantly find myself validating the length or specific note chosen for another instrument in another rack when drawing out notes (by hand) for a new instrument.

I am suggesting a new feature, a toggle option capable of revealing all notes for all instruments but only when in editing (midi notes) view and notes for all "other" instruments would be shown semi-transparent to indicate its for foreign instruments. This would allow producers to fine tune harmonies, chords (spread across multiple instruments) and note lengths (such as judging where kicks/snares are positioned in the bar).

The most obvious method could be a toggle in the preferences window.
Old 2013-08-07, 21:50

yup. something along those lines.
I live in Lancashire, England.
Old 2013-08-07, 22:18

I'd be more than happy with "inline" editing so you could see and edit two tracks side by side. The reason I ask for this feature is that I often edit notes next to audio tracks. Ghost notes would only solve how to edit note tracks against other note tracks. And I wouldn't want to see ALL other note tracks transparently, as that would get quite confusing when tracks have notes that overlap each other IMO.

But this request comes up enough that I'm hoping the Props find SOME way of addressing it in the near future! :-)
USA
Old 2013-08-08, 00:05

I would like something similar to Giles' suggestion, where there isn't a distinct mode where you're editing MIDI notes. It could be like the automation in v7, where you can now see the automation points while still being able to see the surrounding audio tracks. I love that new feature, so hopefully they will add similar functionality to MIDI clips in the next update.

with my band:
Loading SoundCloud…