Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2011-10-16, 04:35

Question A New Computer For Reason 6 - But What About Ignition Key?

I just bought a brand mew computer (64 bit) to house my new reason 6 upgrade.

I won't be removing Record/Reason from the laptop its occupied for the past year and a half - BUT - just thinking - Once I install Reason 6 on the new dude - and after registration - how will I run it - since the ignition key will remain with the old unit?

Both systems have never been online and I plan on keeping them as such - I use another laptop to upgrade and register my programs.

Someone may have covered this - so I apologize in advance.

Thanks!
Old 2011-10-16, 04:46

Simply move the ignition key between the two none internet connected computers, after all ypu are only licensed to run on one at a time.
Old 2011-10-24, 02:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by jereb View Post
I just bought a brand mew computer (64 bit) to house my new reason 6 upgrade.

I won't be removing Record/Reason from the laptop its occupied for the past year and a half - BUT - just thinking - Once I install Reason 6 on the new dude - and after registration - how will I run it - since the ignition key will remain with the old unit?

Both systems have never been online and I plan on keeping them as such - I use another laptop to upgrade and register my programs.

Someone may have covered this - so I apologize in advance.

Thanks!
Thanks - But will the programs work on the same key or will Prop Heads send me a new key gen to be burned on my original ignition key?
Old 2011-10-24, 02:17

One licence is one ignition key, were you planning to run them at the same time?

Some users have managed to put both Reason 5 and Reason 6 on the same ignition key but I'm not sure if this is a glitch as it doesn't work for me.
Old 2011-10-24, 02:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jereb View Post
Thanks - But will the programs work on the same key or will Prop Heads send me a new key gen to be burned on my original ignition key?
You can move the key from the computer to computer with no issue. I have been going between my desktop and my laptop all the time, since getting Reason 6. Sometimes, on my lunch hours, I also fire up Reason on my work computer and noodle away.

jord
Old 2011-10-25, 06:47

Thanks, I Appreciate that
Old 2013-08-20, 03:03

propellerhead reason 6 will not install on my new computer with windows 8. Is it because I previously had it installed on 2 computers? It also made me download codemaster. After the reason 6 install, it pops up and says "this application can not open because of an unexpected error" can anyone help me with this?
Old 2013-08-20, 04:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyVan View Post
propellerhead reason 6 will not install on my new computer with windows 8. Is it because I previously had it installed on 2 computers? It also made me download codemaster. After the reason 6 install, it pops up and says "this application can not open because of an unexpected error" can anyone help me with this?
Sure - update to Reason 7.

Reason 6 is not officially supported on Windows 8, however; Reason 7 is. BTW, this thread is almost 2 years old... probably should have just started your own.

Anyway - you can install Reason 6 on as many computers as you like. You can only run one instance at a time, though.
Old 2013-08-20, 05:11

Reason 6.5.3 works on Windows 8 as well.