Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 2013-08-14, 06:22
ryszard's Avatar
ryszard ryszard is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 691
Guys, I am so glad to see this release. I will be downloading shortly and will definitely contribute something to the cause. IMO you should have placed a value on the thing, say $10-$15 USD, then said PWYW, but that's just me wanting to see you properly rewarded for your work. I hope others feel the same and act accordingly. I love the retro graphic, too. It isn't so long ago that I disposed of a sizable box full of 5-1/4" floppies.

I have commented positively on every one of your tracks that I have seen, both because they are good and because they resonate with something deep within me. The fact that I was most active professionally in the music biz in the 1980s may have something to do with it. Whatever the reason, I think it will be objectively borne out that you have some great material, and not just because a couple of us Reason freaks like it. Are you promoting this outside of the Reason forums, and if so, how? Enquiring minds wanna know!

All the best,
Richard
__________________
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Reason 7, BIAB 2013
Intel i5 2500K 3.3 Ghz, Gigabyte ZX77X-UD3H, 16 Gb Corsair DDR3 RAM
OCZ 60 Gb SSD, WD 1 Tb Caviar Black 7,200 RPM HD
Zotac/Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 2 Gb, NZXT H2 "Silent" case w/liquid cooling
Presonus AudioBox USB, Behringer B2031A, JBL PSW D110 sub

Kennesaw (Atlanta), Georgia, USA
  #12  
Old 2013-08-14, 19:07
carlgrace's Avatar
carlgrace carlgrace is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszard View Post
Guys, I am so glad to see this release. I will be downloading shortly and will definitely contribute something to the cause. IMO you should have placed a value on the thing, say $10-$15 USD, then said PWYW, but that's just me wanting to see you properly rewarded for your work. I hope others feel the same and act accordingly. I love the retro graphic, too. It isn't so long ago that I disposed of a sizable box full of 5-1/4" floppies.

I have commented positively on every one of your tracks that I have seen, both because they are good and because they resonate with something deep within me. The fact that I was most active professionally in the music biz in the 1980s may have something to do with it. Whatever the reason, I think it will be objectively borne out that you have some great material, and not just because a couple of us Reason freaks like it. Are you promoting this outside of the Reason forums, and if so, how? Enquiring minds wanna know!

All the best,
Richard
Hi Richard,

We talked about putting a price on it (as well as PWYW) but the fact is my last solo album was a complete flop, even though I think the music was pretty good! The only difference between my current solo album and the previous one (besides the content of course) was that my previous one was free from the get-go and I tried to put a price on the new one.

I got many, many more downloads, feedback emails, and mentions on music blogs from my previous free one than my current one. Go figure.

The upshot is that we decided free was the way to go since the goal is to get as many people who may like it to listen to it. There is some truth to the idea that people don't value things that are free, but in my experience people don't value things that cost money, either!

I'm so happy and proud that you like the album, Richard. We worked really hard on it and I'm very excited about our songs.

Also glad you like the cover art. Like everything else on this album it was a total collaboration with Raymond and me bouncing ideas off each other. The photo is actually of a disk from his own personal collection (out in a box is his garage I imagine!). We have awesome sleeve art as well (inside cover and back). I'll see if Raymond would like to post that on the PUF so people can burn their own CDs with it if they'd like.

For promoting it, besides informing people we know, we've been sending it out to various music blogs and facebook groups and the like. We did get featured on a synthpop blog which gave us some traffic:

http://djtalbotlikesugar.blogspot.com/

Promoting is tough. We hope to get a bit more exposure. I think our album is pretty good for the genre, and people who like that kind of music have been very kind in their feedback.
__________________
New Pacific Deep track, Expire. Album out soon!

Loading SoundCloud…
  #13  
Old 2013-08-21, 13:11
raymondh's Avatar
raymondh raymondh is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by JpPropellaed View Post
Really nice track this GUYs / Ray Night Fable .... The Chorus is real sweet: i was really quite supprised! Defo Talent & you guys should release more stuff it CLEARLY WORKS WELL ........... enough said.
Thanks Jamie! I've learned a huge amount through the collaboration with Carl & Ed. Still just scratching the surface though!! For Night Fable - all credit to Ed who really came up with the whole arrangement, and Carl who goes from strength to strength with his vocals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunesis View Post
Awesome, you guys knocked that out fast but it still sounds great! Very cool and successful collab.. maybe you guys could go on tour?
Thanks Brent! I can see us now on our tour bus, driving up the Information Superhighway! Remember back in the 90s when they used to call the Internet that?!! Even the "inside the studio" video wouldn't be that exciting.. It would largely be a Dropbox tutorial ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecopro View Post
Guys Congrats on the release of the album. Thanks for keeping the Synthpop vibes going. Your music absolutely brings me back to an era where music was really connecting with people's souls.

So honored to be a part of the album as well.

Keep up the good work guys!!!

Ed
Thanks Ed - and thankyou for being part of it!
Though no matter now many of your .reason files I study, I can never create mixes as amazing as yours!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Despondo View Post
Sounds great! Gonna pick this up next paycheck.
Download for free - put your money into your music Carl and I are just thrilled if you listen/like what we come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonEick View Post
Congrats on finishing!!
Thanks Gordon. Back at ya on your cool EP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emian View Post
Great music again !

i might save some money for this

& concider the facebookpage "liked" !
Thanks Emian - I'll drink a Stella to you!
  #14  
Old 2013-08-21, 13:14
raymondh's Avatar
raymondh raymondh is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberJimm View Post
I bought this within minutes of it being uploaded. Couldn't wait to get my ears into this one! It's been one of the most-anticipated releases of the year for me, and it doesn't disappoint in the slightest. Along with Heliophile's latest EP, I can honestly say that synth-pop is alive & well in the Reason Community! You guys represent the genre so well.

So much fantastic music on this album, guys. I've loved every track you released leading up to this release, and it's so nice to have them all in one package, along with a few new ones I hadn't heard before. Money well spent! The arrangements are crisp & tight, and the lyrics are thoughtful, poignant, and everything about this album is just downright cool in all the right places!

As always, you guys continue to impress & inspire...... and when you say there's, "a lot more on the way!"....... I HOPE SO!

Thanks for the awesome music, guys. You keep writin 'em, I'll keep listenin. One of these days...... perhaps a Pacific Deep/Eminent Sol collaboration?

Awesome job, guys!

Cheers,


J

Thanks Jimm.

Your support has been awesome - and yes that collaboration idea sounds very cool!!

cheers
Raymond
  #15  
Old 2013-08-21, 13:21
raymondh's Avatar
raymondh raymondh is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszard View Post
Guys, I am so glad to see this release. I will be downloading shortly and will definitely contribute something to the cause. IMO you should have placed a value on the thing, say $10-$15 USD, then said PWYW, but that's just me wanting to see you properly rewarded for your work. I hope others feel the same and act accordingly. I love the retro graphic, too. It isn't so long ago that I disposed of a sizable box full of 5-1/4" floppies.

I have commented positively on every one of your tracks that I have seen, both because they are good and because they resonate with something deep within me. The fact that I was most active professionally in the music biz in the 1980s may have something to do with it. Whatever the reason, I think it will be objectively borne out that you have some great material, and not just because a couple of us Reason freaks like it. Are you promoting this outside of the Reason forums, and if so, how? Enquiring minds wanna know!

All the best,
Richard
Hi Richard

Thanks so much for your very kind words

Not much I can add over what Carl said, other to reinforce that the sense of community here with Reason users is inspiring and ultimately listening and commenting on each others' music is what creates the platform for continuous improvement I think.

cheers

Raymond
  #16  
Old 2013-08-21, 13:30
craven's Avatar
craven craven is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 675
so great! listen to it now!
  #17  
Old 2013-08-21, 13:36
raymondh's Avatar
raymondh raymondh is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,067
Per Carl's note, here's the art if anyone wants it (PDF):

CD:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...y_cd_final.pdf

Jewel Case:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...case_final.pdf


cheers

Raymond
  #18  
Old 2013-09-13, 23:46
raymondh's Avatar
raymondh raymondh is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,067
Hi Everyone

just to let you know that the album is now available on the iTunes store.

Yeah I know - so what!! Well, it was on my bucket list

I wonder how many other albums made entirely within the Reason environment are on iTunes? I bet heaps by now!
  #19  
Old 2013-09-14, 02:25
Soulspeed's Avatar
Soulspeed Soulspeed is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,155
Raymond. I'm on my phone right now. But tomorrow I will check things out. Too hard on a phone while eating and going to a movie with girlfriend tonight. But congrats and ill check everything out tomorrow
__________________
Logic Pro 10 | Reason 7 | Ozone 5 Mastering Suite | iMac i5 quad core | M-Audio Oxygen25 | Alesis i04 Interface | M-audio BX 5's...."I Still Write Intro's and Outro's in my tracks for DJ's that actually MIX"
[https://soundcloud.com/soulspeed]
[http://www.mixcloud.com/Soulspeed/]
[http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...m?id=661826595]
  #20  
Old 2013-09-14, 14:51
Soulspeed's Avatar
Soulspeed Soulspeed is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,155
Yes, you all have great sounding 80's synth for sure and vibe too of that decade....sounds pretty good Raymond....really impressed, so this was done with Reason and real instruments too ? I like the singers voice, is this you or Carl? Sounds 80'ish too
__________________
Logic Pro 10 | Reason 7 | Ozone 5 Mastering Suite | iMac i5 quad core | M-Audio Oxygen25 | Alesis i04 Interface | M-audio BX 5's...."I Still Write Intro's and Outro's in my tracks for DJ's that actually MIX"
[https://soundcloud.com/soulspeed]
[http://www.mixcloud.com/Soulspeed/]
[http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...m?id=661826595]
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Concept Universe pushedbutton Phead User Forum (read only) 22 2012-05-21 21:51
Asian Variations - Free Album [o/t] Moshang Phead User Forum (read only) 5 2007-08-31 07:51
Bomb Hip-Hop Instrumental Album Now Out!!! adamatic Music Forum (read only) 0 2006-09-13 03:40
NordBeat's debut Album finally available! TGVirus Music Forum (read only) 2 2002-04-12 19:53
NordBeat's debut Album finally available! TGVirus Music Forum (read only) 0 2002-04-11 13:16


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:01.