Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2013-08-22, 05:18
raymondh's Avatar
raymondh raymondh is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,066
New Pacific Deep Song - Take Me Away

Hi Everyone

Here's our first new song after releasing our "Like Totally" Album.

It's called "Take Me Away" and it was inspired by the Korg Mono/Poly RE. Actually we started the song pretty much as soon as the Mono/Poly got released - it's an awesome synth! - but we put Take Me Away on ice when Ed Castro (GEM) came up with his excellent Night Fable collaboration! (Night Fable also heavily features the Mono/Poly!)

Anyway - here it is - hope you enjoy it

Loading SoundCloud…
  #2  
Old 2013-08-22, 07:55
ryszard's Avatar
ryszard ryszard is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 691
Magnificent--another winner. I especially like the lonely feel of the guitar (is that real? I hear string noise) and the continued progress on the backing vocals. Did you use Neptune or a pitch shifter on the BV, or is that in your normal range?

Keep 'em coming, guys.

Edited to add: I'm in the process of moving and could only listen to this via laptop on 'phones. Can't wait to get the big speeks hooked back up so I can hear it in all of its ambient glory. This stuff needs to be played LOUD!

R.
__________________
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Reason 7, BIAB 2013
Intel i5 2500K 3.3 Ghz, Gigabyte ZX77X-UD3H, 16 Gb Corsair DDR3 RAM
OCZ 60 Gb SSD, WD 1 Tb Caviar Black 7,200 RPM HD
Zotac/Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 2 Gb, NZXT H2 "Silent" case w/liquid cooling
Presonus AudioBox USB, Behringer B2031A, JBL PSW D110 sub

Kennesaw (Atlanta), Georgia, USA

Last edited by ryszard; 2013-08-22 at 08:05.
  #3  
Old 2013-08-22, 10:16
raymondh's Avatar
raymondh raymondh is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszard View Post
Magnificent--another winner. I especially like the lonely feel of the guitar (is that real? I hear string noise) and the continued progress on the backing vocals. Did you use Neptune or a pitch shifter on the BV, or is that in your normal range?

Keep 'em coming, guys.

Edited to add: I'm in the process of moving and could only listen to this via laptop on 'phones. Can't wait to get the big speeks hooked back up so I can hear it in all of its ambient glory. This stuff needs to be played LOUD!

R.
Hi Richard

Thanks very much -glad you enjoyed it

That's Carl playing a real guitar there, processed using the line 6 guitar amp.

And Carl's natural vocals. He applies some compression and EQ, but never amy pitch shifting or correction.

Good luck with the move! Can be a bit of a stressful time!

cheers

Raymond
  #4  
Old 2013-08-22, 10:31
ryszard's Avatar
ryszard ryszard is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 691
The move is indeed stressful, but there are rewards. I'm getting married on Saturday to my sax-playing hunny. Tomorrow night is the last night we will be apart. I'll be sure to introduce her to your music as well. We really like a lot of the same stuff. I look forward to getting her involved in computer music, too.
__________________
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Reason 7, BIAB 2013
Intel i5 2500K 3.3 Ghz, Gigabyte ZX77X-UD3H, 16 Gb Corsair DDR3 RAM
OCZ 60 Gb SSD, WD 1 Tb Caviar Black 7,200 RPM HD
Zotac/Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 2 Gb, NZXT H2 "Silent" case w/liquid cooling
Presonus AudioBox USB, Behringer B2031A, JBL PSW D110 sub

Kennesaw (Atlanta), Georgia, USA
  #5  
Old 2013-08-22, 10:36
raymondh's Avatar
raymondh raymondh is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszard View Post
The move is indeed stressful, but there are rewards. I'm getting married on Saturday to my sax-playing hunny. Tomorrow night is the last night we will be apart. I'll be sure to introduce her to your music as well. We really like a lot of the same stuff. I look forward to getting her involved in computer music, too.
Congratulations!!!! Awesome news! Hope you have an awesome day. Forget about my music - you guys have enough music making to do
It would be great to hear one of your pieces with a lead sax - that would be something
  #6  
Old 2013-08-22, 14:43
JpPropellaed's Avatar
JpPropellaed JpPropellaed is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,235
Here we are Ray 2013 & you just whipped me back too urrrrmmm Late 80's early 90's' i guess ? Twas a pleasant reminder / Nice track Ray : its quite a big sound aswell , i just played it through my Behringer TRUTHS , damn clean sound too !
__________________
Both Edward Snowden & Bradley Manning should be nominated for NOBLE PEACE PRIZE: Lest we become a 4th reich / Globally >>>>
Loading SoundCloud…
  #7  
Old 2013-08-22, 15:34
ecopro's Avatar
ecopro ecopro is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,996
You guys are on a roll. Another winner song with lots of feeling and with such a distinct 80's vibe. I like how the guitar talks with the vocals. The arrangement is top notch as well.

The good thing about ice is that it preserves the goods, and this one has good all over it.
__________________
A new day is coming...
  #8  
Old 2013-08-22, 19:26
carlgrace's Avatar
carlgrace carlgrace is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,545
Congrats on the marriage Richard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecopro View Post
You guys are on a roll. Another winner song with lots of feeling and with such a distinct 80's vibe. I like how the guitar talks with the vocals. The arrangement is top notch as well.

The good thing about ice is that it preserves the goods, and this one has good all over it.
Thanks Ed! My main contribution to this one was the guitar (besides the vocals) and I came up with it because Raymond had suggested we experiment with call and response stuff, so I quite self-consciously tried to get the guitar to interact with my vocal line. So glad you noticed!
__________________
New Pacific Deep track, Expire. Album out soon!

Loading SoundCloud…
  #9  
Old 2013-08-23, 02:10
ColdMachinery ColdMachinery is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 200
very catchy man. has a very powerful feeling to it.
  #10  
Old 2013-08-23, 12:42
robhornsby's Avatar
robhornsby robhornsby is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 362
Well done guys, Carl love the way you sing this very cool vocals, and Ray this could be released to the world mate great works my Friend.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New song DEEP HOUSE please comment lolomix Music Forum (read only) 5 2013-04-10 07:33
The dread of composing a BAD song. deanc2000 Music Forum (read only) 2 2010-09-05 08:07
O/T Don't Start a Flame if You Can't Take the Blame! dawelo1958 Phead User Forum (read only) 7 2006-01-10 15:56
Multiple song windows and sticky MIDI focus ajkandy General Forum (read only) 3 2003-12-01 19:03


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:38.