Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-08-22, 05:18

New Pacific Deep Song - Take Me Away

Hi Everyone

Here's our first new song after releasing our "Like Totally" Album.

It's called "Take Me Away" and it was inspired by the Korg Mono/Poly RE. Actually we started the song pretty much as soon as the Mono/Poly got released - it's an awesome synth! - but we put Take Me Away on ice when Ed Castro (GEM) came up with his excellent Night Fable collaboration! (Night Fable also heavily features the Mono/Poly!)

Anyway - here it is - hope you enjoy it

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-08-22, 07:55

Magnificent--another winner. I especially like the lonely feel of the guitar (is that real? I hear string noise) and the continued progress on the backing vocals. Did you use Neptune or a pitch shifter on the BV, or is that in your normal range?

Keep 'em coming, guys.

Edited to add: I'm in the process of moving and could only listen to this via laptop on 'phones. Can't wait to get the big speeks hooked back up so I can hear it in all of its ambient glory. This stuff needs to be played LOUD!

R.
Zotac/Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 2 Gb, NZXT H2 "Silent" case w/liquid cooling
Presonus AudioBox USB, Behringer B2031A, JBL PSW D110 sub

Kennesaw (Atlanta), Georgia, USA

Last edited by ryszard; 2013-08-22 at 08:05.
Old 2013-08-22, 10:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszard View Post
Magnificent--another winner. I especially like the lonely feel of the guitar (is that real? I hear string noise) and the continued progress on the backing vocals. Did you use Neptune or a pitch shifter on the BV, or is that in your normal range?

Keep 'em coming, guys.

Edited to add: I'm in the process of moving and could only listen to this via laptop on 'phones. Can't wait to get the big speeks hooked back up so I can hear it in all of its ambient glory. This stuff needs to be played LOUD!

R.
Hi Richard

Thanks very much -glad you enjoyed it

That's Carl playing a real guitar there, processed using the line 6 guitar amp.

And Carl's natural vocals. He applies some compression and EQ, but never amy pitch shifting or correction.

Good luck with the move! Can be a bit of a stressful time!

cheers

Raymond
Old 2013-08-22, 10:31

The move is indeed stressful, but there are rewards. I'm getting married on Saturday to my sax-playing hunny. Tomorrow night is the last night we will be apart. I'll be sure to introduce her to your music as well. We really like a lot of the same stuff. I look forward to getting her involved in computer music, too.
Zotac/Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 2 Gb, NZXT H2 "Silent" case w/liquid cooling
Presonus AudioBox USB, Behringer B2031A, JBL PSW D110 sub

Kennesaw (Atlanta), Georgia, USA
Old 2013-08-22, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszard View Post
The move is indeed stressful, but there are rewards. I'm getting married on Saturday to my sax-playing hunny. Tomorrow night is the last night we will be apart. I'll be sure to introduce her to your music as well. We really like a lot of the same stuff. I look forward to getting her involved in computer music, too.
Congratulations!!!! Awesome news! Hope you have an awesome day. Forget about my music - you guys have enough music making to do
It would be great to hear one of your pieces with a lead sax - that would be something
Old 2013-08-22, 14:43

Here we are Ray 2013 & you just whipped me back too urrrrmmm Late 80's early 90's' i guess ? Twas a pleasant reminder / Nice track Ray : its quite a big sound aswell , i just played it through my Behringer TRUTHS , damn clean sound too !
Old 2013-08-22, 15:34

You guys are on a roll. Another winner song with lots of feeling and with such a distinct 80's vibe. I like how the guitar talks with the vocals. The arrangement is top notch as well.

The good thing about ice is that it preserves the goods, and this one has good all over it.
Old 2013-08-22, 19:26

Congrats on the marriage Richard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecopro View Post
You guys are on a roll. Another winner song with lots of feeling and with such a distinct 80's vibe. I like how the guitar talks with the vocals. The arrangement is top notch as well.

The good thing about ice is that it preserves the goods, and this one has good all over it.
Thanks Ed! My main contribution to this one was the guitar (besides the vocals) and I came up with it because Raymond had suggested we experiment with call and response stuff, so I quite self-consciously tried to get the guitar to interact with my vocal line. So glad you noticed!

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-08-23, 02:10

very catchy man. has a very powerful feeling to it.
Old 2013-08-23, 12:42

Well done guys, Carl love the way you sing this very cool vocals, and Ray this could be released to the world mate great works my Friend.