Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-08-22, 11:45

Talking My new twist on Trance - TranceStep !!!

Hey Everyone

Here's my new tune all instruments/effects were Reason 7 which is heaven I rewired it to Abelton 9 Suite , live was just triggering the midi.

It's a *** FREE DOWNLOAD *** styles: Trance + Uplifting Trance + TranceStep + Electro House + Dubstep + 138 BPM = TranceStep !!!!

Have a listen feel free to comment. Look forward to your feedback

15th SINE - Altered States Of Consciousness (*** Free Download ***)
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-08-22, 15:18

Nice big phatt sound Jonse ' Good hard & driving & some nice Glitchy-twist's , Tip Jonse. that lead Saw that drops in at 2,20 & continues through-out the duration with a quarter feel: BUT Should after either 8 or 16 bars or even 32 bars ' do a GEAR-Shift & Double in time / 8ths or even 16th's WITH TWO SLIGHTY VARING RIFFS...ONE CALLS & THE OTHER ONE ANSWER'S & DONT FORGET A DIRTY BIG FILTERING_SWEEP: ADDING PLENTY DARK & PLENTY LIGHT. HiT THE PEDDLE TO THE METAL & RUN EVERY RED LIGHT YOU CAN ... THIS IS NOT CRITISISM : JUST OBSERVATION PS I HAVE MADE THESE SAME SMALL ERROR'S MYSELF MANY TIMES. & STILL DO UNTILL SOME ONE REMINDS ME
Old 2013-08-22, 17:51

I like the drum loop you have going - it almost has a tribal feel to it. The track was off to a good start but I feel like the track is lacking musicality which I think is pretty important in trance music. The breakdown is pretty cool. If you're going for an electro/dubstep feel, you gotta play more than one note and mix up the rhythm like JP mentioned. I'm not gonna yell at you though. What JP is talking about is actually called "Call and Response" and I think he explained it very nicely. One riff should ask a question and another one should answer. Your track kind of does the same thing from 4:40 to the end which is like a two minute outro. This is where your track should be climaxing. I would like to hear you build up to another solid melody.

Last edited by PeterLansford; 2013-08-22 at 17:56.
Old 2013-08-23, 09:25

Thanxxx JP & Peter , Jonse is my username in this forum which created years ago but 15th SINE yeh I'm aware of what cannon fugue writing melody is the main melody from breakdown is inspired by my all time fav classical composer Niccolo Paganini. This track was a pure experiment I was testing out new Reason 7 , all the synths are Thor run in parallel chanel's and the growl noise is a female one shot vocal run through peff Re, neptune, rob pappen dist Re and delay.

The mix of genre is what I was focusing on the most crossing over styles of Trance , Electro , Dubstep , ppl on my facebook sledged attacked me because there still in the mode we love Trance like if it's 1999 - 2003, so do I but genre's / sounds must move on in order to sound fresh.

Thanxxx for your feedback much appreciate
Old 2013-08-23, 09:46

Thats a fair point , of moving forward rather than sounding like a carbon copy of a everything you've ever heard... since i myself was kinda thinking about the Old-skool stuff ' late 90's & so on . lol So you got me on that one ' 15th-Sine never the less its a good hard driving banger , But i bet you one day ! when you have not heard the track for ages ' you will say to yourself ' there's something missing from the back-end of the tune ??? / Jamie 'aka Mad_ManX
Old 2013-08-23, 15:33

Don't get me wrong I love Trance/Uplifting Trance/Tech Trance/Hard Trance , I just get bored now writing just the one style , maybe i remix this one as the b-side as pure uplifting trance like Jorn van Deyhnoven sound if you know him. I love some of the aggressive sounds in Dubstep that's I thought I cross the 2 sounds together. This tune has lifted my soundcloud followers / plays / downloads in the week its been uploaded compared to other worx I done in the past
Old 2013-08-23, 16:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonse15 View Post
Don't get me wrong I love Trance/Uplifting Trance/Tech Trance/Hard Trance , I just get bored now writing just the one style , maybe i remix this one as the b-side as pure uplifting trance like Jorn van Deyhnoven sound if you know him. I love some of the aggressive sounds in Dubstep that's I thought I cross the 2 sounds together. This tune has lifted my soundcloud followers / plays / downloads in the week its been uploaded compared to other worx I done in the past
Cool feel free to do whatever you want and don't worry about those Facebook people attacking you.
Old 2013-08-23, 18:04

It's a thing. Check out seven lions for absolutely genius trancestep

Check out my debut E.P sustainable destruction on bandcamp.

http://omicron.bandcamp.com/
Old 2013-08-25, 12:47

yeh I checked out some Seven Lions stuff , his beats are dubstep through out his tracks. I'm coming from a point of view of 4 to the floor kicks, dubstep noises and od occasional beats. I like how he uses the saw leads.

thanks giving me another refrence
Old 2013-08-30, 15:53

Not the biggest fan of trance but this is p.retty good! Was a little bit too cluttered in places for my liking but that's whatever right? lol Probably just the speakers i'm listening on or i'm not too used to the trance sound as a whole

Keep it up!