Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-08-21, 20:46

New one.."Did For U"...feedback welcome

Track I just recently finished...

Loading SoundCloud…

http://www.soundcloud.com/koshalmusic/did-for-u
Old 2013-08-21, 21:38

Wow! Fantastic job. The snare mix/sound seems a little out of place in comparison to the vocals (which are excellently done and mixed IMO). I think if you balanced/mixed the drums a little more you'll have yourself a winner! Great job, I enjoyed listening.

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-08-22, 06:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastoreric View Post
Wow! Fantastic job. The snare mix/sound seems a little out of place in comparison to the vocals (which are excellently done and mixed IMO). I think if you balanced/mixed the drums a little more you'll have yourself a winner! Great job, I enjoyed listening.
Hey man...as always..thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated. I'll definitely heed your advice on the mix. Glad you enjoyed listening to the tune!
Old 2013-08-22, 17:58

Hey man, I had to come back and listen again today...really, really love this track. Not sure if you're gonna continue working on the mix, but you should consider finishing it up, it's very good (IMO!)

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-08-22, 18:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastoreric View Post
Hey man, I had to come back and listen again today...really, really love this track. Not sure if you're gonna continue working on the mix, but you should consider finishing it up, it's very good (IMO!)
Thanks man..means a lot! Especially coming from you since your productions are crazy good!

I actually don't really like mixing, so I have another guy do it for me so I can focus on the songwriting and production.

He's pretty cool and will give me a lot of revisions within a certain amount of time. So yeah I'll definitely consider getting another revision done if you feel like there is a lot to be gained.

What specifically do you think needs to be done to the drums / snare to improve the mix?