View Poll Results: VST?
YES! Vst integration! 84 43.30%
NO Vst integration! 110 56.70%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-08-25, 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenOutsideTheBox View Post
This again?! With Re's I think there is 0.000001% chance of props adding VST compatibility. Hard Reason nuts don't want it for the stability reason. But with Midi out there are now work arounds to get VSTs into Reason.

But I for one feel it's now unnecessary so long as the Re's keep releasing at a decent rate and demand for them remains high. In a couple of years they'll be almost on par I think.
Can anyone one please explain to me how VSTs would make Reason unstable if YOU the user chose not to use them in Reason if Props ever ported their use to the software? I keep hearing other Users say.."no because it's unstable.....no because it makes Reason unstable..." Ok....?? I thought it would make Reason unstable only if you actually tried to use VSTs with the software... Or are you saying the code..or algorithm..or whatever it would take to make VSTs usable inside the program would make Reason unstable?

I am just a music maker, not a programmer...and I keep seeing the same reason from other Users as to why Props shouldn't implement VSTs, but no one has really said anything pertinent...except.....No because VSTs are unstable...or VSTs make other programs unstable....

As a music maker, not a programmer...i feel like the more options to use more sounds, the better. There are companies out there that make excellent plug-ins and virtual instruments. Why force users to choose the REs vs. VST? Let the choice be up to the User if they want to use VSTs, but at least make it a more viable option. They already 1/2 way implemented VST with Midi Out. All they need to do is take it 1 step further.

As I said before, if you don't like VSTs...or you think they will impede your workflow...umm the solution is really simple. Propellerhead would be foolish, as any company, to stump there potential for growth. So do you think there are more users who chose not to use Reason because of limited use with VSTs...? Or do you think more people chose to use Reason because of it's limited portability? I think if you asked why did you choose FL Studio, Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools, Reaper, Studio One, etc...etc...over Reason.. I'd assume one of the main reasons would be because of what all the other Daws have in common.

The fact that you are limited to a vast selection of Synths in the RE shop, and very few "Live Instrument" sounding REs already has me looking the other way... I thought the business model for every company to succeed was to keep your customers from looking the other way...?? And to keep them coming back...?? I realize you can't please all the people all the time...but you can at least try to please ALL the people some of the time..

And I think these poll results reflect nothing relating to this issue. I know 2(registered) users right now who don't even use Props forum at all... One of them just bought a MPC Ren..(which I think ports VST as well)...now there is one less customer I know about. He says he will use Reason for the sounds...but as for Props...they just lost stock with a possible updater...see?