Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

View Poll Results: VST?
YES! Vst integration! 84 43.30%
NO Vst integration! 110 56.70%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-08-28, 22:46

Yes I also required VST or any other open protocol from the beginning. RE is not open and I also want to use the professional tools from ni, the good sounding guitar rig, massive and others and not such glumpsy line 6 stuff within reason. As it was said before, with virtual cable and midi out you can also have a vst inside the reason 7 rack, but it's complicated and makes not really fun.
To be honest this kind of policy is driving me into the arms of ableton live (and push is also not so bad). I already own this daw and I'm piece for piece migrating. Only an open plug in standard can hold me here.
And also to be honest, I do not always want load my plugins from your page when installing on a new computer and register always on the dongle (this is old fashioned too). I want it to be distributed on different channels too.
When I heard first on the rack extensions, I was really enthusiastic, but I came down to reality very fast and my disappointment was big.
Maybe it's the better and more modern format and you are right, vst is totally outdated. But it's not the format itself. It's the tools and the content that is offered for it.
Enable NI and others for RE in an appropriate way and I will never ask for VST again.

Using reason live is because of the dongle also a pain. It stands to far out of the USB slot and you always have to take care that it's not pushed out. awful!

Last edited by essl; 2013-08-28 at 22:58.