Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2013-08-29, 20:56
richymoore's Avatar
richymoore richymoore is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 66
Constant updates and log in procedure for products that I have bought months ago ???

Right, this is really annoying me, it happened the other night while I was out gigging, and caused much embarrassment and inconvenience when my tunes wouldn't open on stage without online login, the place I was gigging at had no wifi, luckily after a few minutes I managed to tether my phone and get the files open but not without wasting a lot of time.

WHY am I getting license updates every single time I open reason and then I am being asked to log in online after that ? My licenses are written to both Balance & my computer. I don't have anything on trial, and I haven't bought any new devices since the Predator synth about 3 - 4 months ago now. This is most inconvenient and really annoying since its totally devoiding the purpose of my license being written to my hardware. I mean how many license updates are required on a daily basis and why has it only started happening in the last month or so ? I need this problem solved right away because I can't be doing that to open files every time I do live performances.

Whats the problem here Propellerhead ?
  #2  
Old 2013-08-29, 21:24
electricfusion's Avatar
electricfusion electricfusion is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,488
Have a look in Authorizer app,maybe a trial license,even you have none ATM,is still "stuck" there
and causes this odd behavior.Which it actually shouldn´t.
Every time a trial runs out i delete the RE from the Authorizer app and sync it via my account page
afterwards.
If the problem still persists then i´d contact PH via support.
Hope this helps you.
__________________
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

http://soundcloud.com/electricfusion
  #3  
Old 2013-09-03, 06:35
richymoore's Avatar
richymoore richymoore is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 66
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricfusion View Post
Have a look in Authorizer app,maybe a trial license,even you have none ATM,is still "stuck" there
and causes this odd behavior.Which it actually shouldn´t.
Every time a trial runs out i delete the RE from the Authorizer app and sync it via my account page
afterwards.
If the problem still persists then i´d contact PH via support.
Hope this helps you.
Nope, this didn't work either, but thanks for the suggestion, and like you say, it actually shouldn't happen regardless, so this one is on Propellerhead to sort out. Pretty pissed that a few days after posting this fault that Propellerhead haven't even bothered to suggest anything. That's a huge black mark for me !
  #4  
Old 2013-09-03, 08:00
ryszard's Avatar
ryszard ryszard is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 691
I understand how aggravated you are, but have you submitted this issue to Support?
__________________
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Reason 7, BIAB 2013
Intel i5 2500K 3.3 Ghz, Gigabyte ZX77X-UD3H, 16 Gb Corsair DDR3 RAM
OCZ 60 Gb SSD, WD 1 Tb Caviar Black 7,200 RPM HD
Zotac/Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 2 Gb, NZXT H2 "Silent" case w/liquid cooling
Presonus AudioBox USB, Behringer B2031A, JBL PSW D110 sub

Kennesaw (Atlanta), Georgia, USA
  #5  
Old 2013-09-03, 17:32
richymoore's Avatar
richymoore richymoore is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszard View Post
I understand how aggravated you are, but have you submitted this issue to Support?
Yes I have e mailed support regarding this matter. Thanks for the suggestions guys
  #6  
Old 2013-09-03, 17:42
VillaNDubstep's Avatar
VillaNDubstep VillaNDubstep is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,978
After I upgraded to R7 and wrote the license to my laptop I've had no unnecessary license updates where as on 6.5 and the old authoriser I used to have to update my licenses a lot. It got pretty annoying and I knew that if I was somewhere with no internet I'd be screwed (Partly the reason I got ableton)

Aside from upgrading to R7 I'd say just prepare a little better next time and you won't have the embarrassment. Any reason why you can't update your licenses (if needed) before you get on stage? Perhaps while the checks are all being done? I understand the frustration though.
  #7  
Old 2013-09-03, 19:40
kloeckno's Avatar
kloeckno kloeckno is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,468
It is a problem that happens when you download an update to a RE, but the license doesn't get written to your ignition key or your authorized computer.

So, don't download an update if you have a gig, it's as simple as that. You will NEVER have to log on if you don't get any updates. And if you do have to download an update, watch the Authorizer window and make sure the "Writing Licenses" finishes completely.

I play shows on a weekly basis with my computer, so it's not a problem with everyone. I always open Reason before I disconnect from the internet after getting any new REs, to make sure it doesn't need any licenses to be written. You'll know because a dialog pops up saying "Licenses are not up to date" or something similar.
__________________
Eric Kloeckner
My YouTube Page

with my band:
Loading SoundCloud…
  #8  
Old 2013-09-03, 22:29
richymoore's Avatar
richymoore richymoore is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 66
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep View Post
After I upgraded to R7 and wrote the license to my laptop I've had no unnecessary license updates where as on 6.5 and the old authoriser I used to have to update my licenses a lot. It got pretty annoying and I knew that if I was somewhere with no internet I'd be screwed (Partly the reason I got ableton)

Aside from upgrading to R7 I'd say just prepare a little better next time and you won't have the embarrassment. Any reason why you can't update your licenses (if needed) before you get on stage? Perhaps while the checks are all being done? I understand the frustration though.
No you're missing the point here, this is not about lack of preparation, this is almost every single time I start Reason, and I say almost because sometimes its fine, and opens no problem exactly the way it should with all my rack extensions good to go. But 90% of the time when I open it, it updates licenses, which there is no logical explanation for, especially since it only started about 2 months ago, and its long since been that I had anything on trial or purchased any new rack extensions. After unexplainably updating licenses it then asks for an online login, even though my Reason license is written to both my laptop and balance, and if I don't login online, NONE of my pre purchased rack extensions are available. I mean, I could have updates licenses during sound checks, shut the computer down and then when its time to go on it wants to update them again, no way round it. The fact remains that this is clearly a fault on Propellerhead's behalf and its not down to me to go out my way to get round it, its down to them to fix the problem, so people can actually rely on the software to work when it should, especially on stage. I'm running Reason 7.0.1 and it has never let me down until this nonsense started happening right out the blue for no apparent reason, but this is beyond inconvenient, I have no idea what I'd have done if my phone had run out of data or was even in a black spot for data reception. I'd have been forced to just cancel my set most likely. That's not really good business for a musician. Sort it out Propellerhead, I'm never done singing this company praises to everyone I know whose into production, but this is the kind of thing that can make someone change their mind.

https://soundcloud.com/richy-moore
  #9  
Old 2013-09-03, 22:34
richymoore's Avatar
richymoore richymoore is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 66
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloeckno View Post
It is a problem that happens when you download an update to a RE, but the license doesn't get written to your ignition key or your authorized computer.

So, don't download an update if you have a gig, it's as simple as that. You will NEVER have to log on if you don't get any updates. And if you do have to download an update, watch the Authorizer window and make sure the "Writing Licenses" finishes completely.

I play shows on a weekly basis with my computer, so it's not a problem with everyone. I always open Reason before I disconnect from the internet after getting any new REs, to make sure it doesn't need any licenses to be written. You'll know because a dialog pops up saying "Licenses are not up to date" or something similar.
If its a problem, then its something that Propellerhead need to fix, its not down to users to go out their way to get round it when its something that shouldn't be happening in the first place. I also play regular gigs, and its always worked fine as you would expect, like I say this came out the blue for no apparent reason. If I don't log in online then my rack extensions are not available to use. So there is no way of cheating it. My licenses should be written to my hardware the same way as they always have been, and I haven't changed anything in my setup or software. It just started happening ???
  #10  
Old 2013-09-03, 22:37
BonezMcCoy's Avatar
BonezMcCoy BonezMcCoy is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by richymoore View Post
No you're missing the point here, this is not about lack of preparation, this is almost every single time I start Reason, and I say almost because sometimes its fine, and opens no problem exactly the way it should with all my rack extensions good to go. But 90% of the time when I open it, it updates licenses, which there is no logical explanation for, especially since it only started about 2 months ago, and its long since been that I had anything on trial or purchased any new rack extensions. After unexplainably updating licenses it then asks for an online login, even though my Reason license is written to both my laptop and balance, and if I don't login online, NONE of my pre purchased rack extensions are available. I mean, I could have updates licenses during sound checks, shut the computer down and then when its time to go on it wants to update them again, no way round it. The fact remains that this is clearly a fault on Propellerhead's behalf and its not down to me to go out my way to get round it, its down to them to fix the problem, so people can actually rely on the software to work when it should, especially on stage. I'm running Reason 7.0.1 and it has never let me down until this nonsense started happening right out the blue for no apparent reason, but this is beyond inconvenient, I have no idea what I'd have done if my phone had run out of data or was even in a black spot for data reception. I'd have been forced to just cancel my set most likely. That's not really good business for a musician. Sort it out Propellerhead, I'm never done singing this company praises to everyone I know whose into production, but this is the kind of thing that can make someone change their mind.

https://soundcloud.com/richy-moore
What you describe is really weird and I have never seen anything similar. Do contact support to see if they can help you identify the problem. While you wait for them to reply, try uninstalling all REs, Reason and Authoriser. Reinstall and authorise everything, making sure that all RE licences are written to both Balance and computer. If the problem persists, you may need some voodoo help...

customercare@propellerheads.se
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:37.