Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

View Poll Results: VST?
YES! Vst integration! 84 43.30%
NO Vst integration! 110 56.70%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 2013-08-30, 00:38
charlycharlzz's Avatar
charlycharlzz charlycharlzz is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwave View Post
I think Reason should have an VST Rack extension.
User simply insert the generic VST Rack extension (similar to MIDI Rack extension), then load the needed VST plugin into RE module (for example FM8 or Massive like if the plugin was a preset), and connect all inputs, outputs and controls signals (associated to VST buttons and potentiometers) like any other rack extension on the rear pannel.
What about stability?. If you don't want to use VST plugins then don't use VST Rack extension and you have the actual Reason, but if you wants to use Native Instruments or any other VST plugins you have the option.

I was thinking the same some months ago but them still peoples will blame the module for vst rather then the vst for shure once it start to make weird stuff !
__________________

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
  #62  
Old 2013-08-30, 08:22
mrjassonturner's Avatar
mrjassonturner mrjassonturner is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobeahmon View Post
...put your emotions aside and read my post clearly. Again read my post clearly and answer my questions honestly please. Answer them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitfnky View Post
not sure what you're getting at with the comment about emotions? or who my "buddy" is?
Does this clarify...I was trying to answer 2 posts in 1...yours and your buddy


Quote:
Originally Posted by guitfnky View Post
I don't understand how you seem to overlook the demand for the RE format now. have you bought any REs? I've bought several. people like them. opening Reason to VSTs will create a path of least resistance for developers; even though there would still be demand for the increased integration of REs, the laziness that would come when developers no longer need to have their plugins vetted by Propellerhead would mean you'd see less and less REs being made.
I whole heartedly disagree. There was no demand for REs. There was a demand for Vst support in Reason. However, Propellerhead had other ideas....REs. And you say I am overlooking the "demand for the RE format" as if it is not here already. And to answer your questions, yes I do have more than a few REs:
Antidote
Predator
Saturation Knob
4 Dyne Multiband Comp
REQ131
4 Phase LFO
AutoArp

Am I impressed with REs and how well it is integrated with the Rack? Yes, I am. Does owning these REs quell my desire for Vst support in Reason? Absolutely not. Why? As I said in my prev. post, they are all just tools in the tool box. Does Antidote stop me from wanting to use East West Symphonic Orchestra's, Massive, etc? Hell no.

And you continue with this assertion that devs will be slow to develop new REs if Reason integrates Vst support. Well we don't have Vst support now, and I don't exactly see devs busting down Props doors at the present moment. Hmm...I wonder why? Maybe because the Vst market is exponentially more broader than REs. Devs, as most people who are in business to make money, follow the money. How many Daws Support Vst? Hmm? Logic, Reaper, ProTools, Cubase, Nuendo, FL Studio, Sonar, Studio One, Ableton, etc.

How many Daws support REs? Umm...only Reason does. With out even thinking hard, there is a 9:1 chance of having your products purchased if you developed a Vst vs. a RE. That fact is more than enough reason by itself for high end devs to stay away.....IS probably why they are staying away.

Now REs is a definite opportunity for lesser known devs to bolster there brands. But to my first point, REs in it's current state is not the solution to the demand for Vst in Reason. If high end devs would have jumped on board, then I would say yes. There products is what increased the demand for Props to give users 3rd party support in the first place.




Quote:
Originally Posted by guitfnky View Post
Reason users might say "hey, why didn't you make that as a Rack Extension!", but they'll still shell out the money for the VST because it's better than nothing. Rack Extensions would be relegated to niche status rather quickly. like it or not, the success of the RE market relies on being closed off from traditional plugin formats.
No disrespect. But what the hell are you talking about. REs are at that status already. What other Daw can use REs besides Reason? My other point is people are going to shell out money for anything that has a big enough demand. What you seem to miss is, why the "users" are asking the question you posed in the first place? The same Reason people want to buy iPhones, iPads, and MacBooks. The product is quality and well developed. Further these proprietary tactics to lock users in a product only work when you have the proper leverage...like Apple and Avid as examples. And even still, it could back fire.



Quote:
Originally Posted by guitfnky View Post
indeed, part of the beauty of the format is that Props isn't FORCING anyone to develop Rack Extensions. it's given a bunch of smaller names a chance to sell quality products that might've been overlooked if they had to compete with the VST brand-name juggernauts. honestly, I look at it as their loss if they choose not to make Rack Extensions, not the user's loss. I don't need a Waves compressor or a UAD reverb in Reason, and neither do you. I need a compressor, and a reverb in Reason, and so do you. there are plenty of GREAT options available to us both.
How could any company force another to develop products for them. And it is at the users detriment if they have to make a choice between being locked into a product that excludes them from many, many, many other excellent ones. I definitely agree that it gives smaller devs a shot, but again, we are talking about a niche market. A market that doesn't reach past our friends from Sweden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitfnky View Post
and you talk about "high end developers" as if that has any real meaning. the name on your plugin is a symbol of perceived quality only (the actual quality has zero to do with the name/logo). you even acknowledge this above, when you say lesser-known developers are making great Rack Extensions. I'm not sure how it makes sense to you to make that point while also trying to convince me that we need access to tools with big names on the front. quality is quality, period.
Smh Ummm companies just don't build there brands from sub par quality. When I see the name "McDonalds", I think of "Big Mac and french fries". In other words when I see a name, I am associating the products as well. And I know a lot of companies have excellent commercial marketing, but word of mouth is a little bit different. Word of mouth is marketing from actual users. When you have so many users bolstering your brand, the only thing left is an increase in demand for it.

And my point has escaped you once again. I don't want to use a product because of "the name". I want to use a product because of it's quality. Doesn't matter if a "high end" or "lesser" known dev created it. Tools are tools...whether RE or Vst...I want access to them all with out resistance or hesitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobeahmon View Post
He refuses to refer to me by name and because you and I have similar stance (VST support makes no sense in Reason) I became your buddy in his eyes. I guess my questions that he could not answer honestly and logically really upset him, hence not addressing me by name.

+1 on everything you said buddy.
I answered your question in a myriad of ways..buddy And strangers could never upset me

Last edited by mrjassonturner; 2013-08-30 at 08:26.
  #63  
Old 2013-08-31, 00:05
guitfnky's Avatar
guitfnky guitfnky is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 649
sigh. so, ignore most of the context behind what I've said, and misrepresent the rest. great point. have fun getting people on board with that.
  #64  
Old 2013-08-31, 03:58
joeyluck's Avatar
joeyluck joeyluck is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,774
So far, there are about 40 VSTs which have been made into REs in the shop. The rest are unique to Reason. Selig Leveler—not a VST. Echobode—not a VST. Revival—not a VST. Antidote—not a VST (Just to name a few). RE is where it's at. Again, have some patience. In the future, the format will allow for more. But also embrace the plugins that are unique to Reason.

In 2014, it will be Propellerhead's 20th anniversary. What surprises can we expect?
  #65  
Old 2013-08-31, 13:03
michal22 michal22 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 185
great idea
  #66  
Old 2013-09-08, 21:36
ERICSEBASTIAN ERICSEBASTIAN is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
Angry stil no vst on reason wake up reason owners their playing game with are love for mui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapletes View Post
Instead of debating over having VST integration in Reason, lets have a poll to show what the PH customers want. Vote
what the fuck they can keep updating the program but it wont matter in tll they use outside vst i thought they was better then that we will still buy thier plugs but we need the be real with out vst the program can't hang with the big boys if they don't every one who has reason will use it like the last thing in the track not like protools that has every thing to offer us from the start when will take over? i hate the fact their so stupid one step to be the best program ever made but they seem not to get it we wont to have vst that all god dam fuck the bullshit spot playing with us their is so many others that are ahead of you wake up even acid is better dam get it to get together ps all i do is just update but don't use reason and yes i bought it way back just waiting to come back to a real home of men not littile kids your getting to be like nintendo sorry but your program sucks still i can find a key board better then it and i mean reason thats shame all that work money for no reason haa logic is better acid is better and protools is better so why reason 7 no vst that all you needed fuck all the bullshit we don't need it dammmmmmmmmm fuck i hate all ya that said no stupid and remain the same 2013 ok fuck reason 7 we was doing that shit long time ago now ya want to make it easy assholes we know how to change a mp3 to a wave but did you include that shit no assholes ok stop stealing money from us ok give us what we want open the gates motherfuckers their real people that really can make some real shit if you let us this from the whole world
  #67  
Old 2013-09-08, 21:42
ERICSEBASTIAN ERICSEBASTIAN is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
vst yes your right # vst
  #68  
Old 2013-09-08, 21:42
BonezMcCoy's Avatar
BonezMcCoy BonezMcCoy is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERICSEBASTIAN View Post
lots of curse words little or no punctuation
Welcome to the forums. This is a very nice first post.
  #69  
Old 2013-09-08, 21:50
sleeper0013 sleeper0013 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 79
I want to run mac software on a windows machine..... Roar!!!!!!
  #70  
Old 2013-09-08, 22:06
sleeper0013 sleeper0013 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 79
So you want to run VSTs in reason?
I want to Run mac software on a windows machine, and i want to run android apps on my iphone, no wait i just want to shove a square peg into a round hole.

Look there is probably a way to do this but first you have to translate Greek into French and then to Mandarin Chinese.
reason isn't the Hiddenburg "MY GOD... the latency".

Catchup for your waffles anyone.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VOTE for Reason to win best DAW! joeyluck Phead User Forum (read only) 71 2012-06-03 14:02
Please listen (and vote) for my song mmanla Music Forum (read only) 0 2012-02-02 10:36
Detective theme VOTING Thread - Everybody can vote! Notacet Phead User Forum (read only) 36 2010-04-21 07:35
Please, My Band Needs Your Vote. Only 3 More Days scaryclown Phead User Forum (read only) 1 2006-10-16 00:08
OT: My Band Is Nominated For Best "Indie Act". Vote For Us! scaryclown Phead User Forum (read only) 7 2006-09-14 19:45


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:19.