Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-09-03, 22:29

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep View Post
After I upgraded to R7 and wrote the license to my laptop I've had no unnecessary license updates where as on 6.5 and the old authoriser I used to have to update my licenses a lot. It got pretty annoying and I knew that if I was somewhere with no internet I'd be screwed (Partly the reason I got ableton)

Aside from upgrading to R7 I'd say just prepare a little better next time and you won't have the embarrassment. Any reason why you can't update your licenses (if needed) before you get on stage? Perhaps while the checks are all being done? I understand the frustration though.
No you're missing the point here, this is not about lack of preparation, this is almost every single time I start Reason, and I say almost because sometimes its fine, and opens no problem exactly the way it should with all my rack extensions good to go. But 90% of the time when I open it, it updates licenses, which there is no logical explanation for, especially since it only started about 2 months ago, and its long since been that I had anything on trial or purchased any new rack extensions. After unexplainably updating licenses it then asks for an online login, even though my Reason license is written to both my laptop and balance, and if I don't login online, NONE of my pre purchased rack extensions are available. I mean, I could have updates licenses during sound checks, shut the computer down and then when its time to go on it wants to update them again, no way round it. The fact remains that this is clearly a fault on Propellerhead's behalf and its not down to me to go out my way to get round it, its down to them to fix the problem, so people can actually rely on the software to work when it should, especially on stage. I'm running Reason 7.0.1 and it has never let me down until this nonsense started happening right out the blue for no apparent reason, but this is beyond inconvenient, I have no idea what I'd have done if my phone had run out of data or was even in a black spot for data reception. I'd have been forced to just cancel my set most likely. That's not really good business for a musician. Sort it out Propellerhead, I'm never done singing this company praises to everyone I know whose into production, but this is the kind of thing that can make someone change their mind.

https://soundcloud.com/richy-moore