Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-09-04, 00:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by richymoore View Post
No you're missing the point here, this is not about lack of preparation, this is almost every single time I start Reason
My point was that preparing would save you from the embarrassment but I'm not saying that this isn't a problem.
Anyway it seems odd that R7 is doing this to you. I only had problems like this with 6.5 and like I said I can understand your frustration. The only thing I can think of is if you use reason on more than one computer? But that's only if using a different computer will cause the last one to 'unsync' - wild theory there.

Even so, if you sync up your licenses before you set out and then turn off any internet it should be fine for the gig surely?

Hopefully you'll hear back from props before your next gig if it's soon.
Old 2013-09-05, 16:58

Quote:
No you're missing the point here, this is not about lack of preparation, this is almost every single time I start Reason, and I say almost because sometimes its fine, and opens no problem exactly the way it should with all my rack extensions good to go. But 90% of the time when I open it, it updates licenses, which there is no logical explanation for, especially since it only started about 2 months ago, and its long since been that I had anything on trial or purchased any new rack extensions. After unexplainably updating licenses it then asks for an online login, even though my Reason license is written to both my laptop and balance, and if I don't login online, NONE of my pre purchased rack extensions are available. I mean, I could have updates licenses during sound checks, shut the computer down and then when its time to go on it wants to update them again, no way round it. The fact remains that this is clearly a fault on Propellerhead's behalf and its not down to me to go out my way to get round it, its down to them to fix the problem, so people can actually rely on the software to work when it should, especially on stage. I'm running Reason 7.0.1 and it has never let me down until this nonsense started happening right out the blue for no apparent reason, but this is beyond inconvenient, I have no idea what I'd have done if my phone had run out of data or was even in a black spot for data reception. I'd have been forced to just cancel my set most likely. That's not really good business for a musician. Sort it out Propellerhead, I'm never done singing this company praises to everyone I know whose into production, but this is the kind of thing that can make someone change their mind.

https://soundcloud.com/richy-moore

so No support help yet ?!?!

if it is not your fault and if you got no responce from Props maybe try the oldschool Phone or Fax .

I am wondering how can they let a user down so long !?!

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !

Last edited by charlycharlzz; 2013-09-05 at 17:04.
Old 2013-09-06, 22:31

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlycharlzz View Post
so No support help yet ?!?!

if it is not your fault and if you got no responce from Props maybe try the oldschool Phone or Fax .

I am wondering how can they let a user down so long !?!
Since I contacted Propellerhead 4 or 5 days ago via the support section, I got an email saying they were looking into it, and since then I have heard nothing. LET DOWN BIGTIME ! Poor show Propellerhead, suppose I should upload a video of the fault and see of anyone in youtube land can help.
Old 2013-09-06, 22:51

So are you saying that Reason will randomly ask you to login, without updating any REs? Or does it happen after updating? Because you don't have to update any REs if you don't want, it's not automatic.

I always open Reason before I disconnect from the internet when I have an upcoming show, to see if it asks for me to login or update my licences. Then you can even disconnect from your network and try it again, just to be safe. It shouldn't change from then to the time you play a show.

I have played over 15 gigs this way, without any RE problems.

with my band:
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-09-10, 14:50

Its not giving me the choice, unless I log in online, none of my rack extensions are available, a week has passed since contacting support, all I had was an acknowledgment of my complaint, I didn't get a reply or any help and now I'm really pissed off with it ! Absolutely SHOCKING customer service by Propellerhead, they appear to have just ignored this problem that I'm experiencing. More gigs coming up at the end of this week, just about ready to cancel them to try and save myself from any embarrassing situations. This lack of customer service has absolutely shattered my faith in the product.
Old 2013-09-10, 19:56

Quote:
Its not giving me the choice, unless I log in online, none of my rack extensions are available, a week has passed since contacting support, all I had was an acknowledgment of my complaint, I didn't get a reply or any help and now I'm really pissed off with it ! Absolutely SHOCKING customer service by Propellerhead, they appear to have just ignored this problem that I'm experiencing. More gigs coming up at the end of this week, just about ready to cancel them to try and save myself from any embarrassing situations. This lack of customer service has absolutely shattered my faith in the product.
1. Switch on computer
2. Plug in key
3. Log in to Propellerhead website
4. Go to your account
5. Click on Rack Extensions tab
6. Click on sync all
7. Wait for Authoriser to finish its hoodoo
8. Close Authoriser and log out
9. Start Reason

If the problem persists, there is something wrong with your Reason install or didn't do all the steps.
Old 2013-09-11, 00:08
Propellerhead

Quote:
Richy, I replied to your mail the day after you sent it. The disparaging mail you sent earlier this evening complaining of a lack of a reply was, in fact, a reply to the mail I sent you.

In my mail, I explained what the situation is, how the system works, why you're having this problem and how to fix it. If you don't want to read my mail, then read BonezMcCoy's and kloeckno's various comments in the thread - they're both explaining things pretty well. BonezMcCoy's reply above this post is spot on.

- craig