Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-09-05, 21:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceStone View Post
I did as you said and I still didn't achieve what I am looking for. However, when I took the master out and ran it into the input of the Glitch RE and then ran the out of the Glitch RE into the Audio input I got what I was looking for but with one problem, the FX now covers the whole song and I only want it to work on certain instruments. What would you suggest I do?
This was not clear from your initial post, which seemed to suggest you wanted the effect on the breakdown at the end of the song. For this you will need to create a sub-mix. If you're using using R7 this is quick and easy with the new "Route to: New Output Bus" command.

Select the channels you wish to apply this effect to, create a new output bus, and insert the desired FX on that new Bus Channel. As before, you can automate this effect so that it only happens at certain times, if that is what you are looking for. :-)
USA
Old 2013-09-05, 22:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
This was not clear from your initial post, which seemed to suggest you wanted the effect on the breakdown at the end of the song. For this you will need to create a sub-mix. If you're using using R7 this is quick and easy with the new "Route to: New Output Bus" command.

Select the channels you wish to apply this effect to, create a new output bus, and insert the desired FX on that new Bus Channel. As before, you can automate this effect so that it only happens at certain times, if that is what you are looking for. :-)
That helped a lot and it works! But one question, when you mute the channels you have running to your New Bus, are you suppose to still hear the the instruments original sound? for some reason I can still hear it. so it sounds doubled.
Old 2013-09-06, 00:45

Quote:
That helped a lot and it works! But one question, when you mute the channels you have running to your New Bus, are you suppose to still hear the the instruments original sound? for some reason I can still hear it. so it sounds doubled.
You should not hear anything if you mute all of the channels feeding the bus. It's entirely possible you have some additional routing happening that is causing this. Try a simple version of your routing on an empty song file to establish the basics of the concept - if things work as expected in that controlled situation, then you know you've done something irregular with your song.

Alternatively, go back to your starting point (before you added a new Bus Channel) and prove to yourself that muting the individual channels kills all sound from those channels. Then select the desired channels and create the new bus and repeat the muting example and see what happens (without doing anything else).

I've never seen Bus Channels NOT work as expected, unless you've created some additional routing that creates a secondary path to the mix bus. These things can be complicated to troubleshoot without any detailed information or seeing the song file in question, so I'm sorry if I can't give more specific feedback! :-)
USA
Old 2013-09-06, 03:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
You should not hear anything if you mute all of the channels feeding the bus. It's entirely possible you have some additional routing happening that is causing this. Try a simple version of your routing on an empty song file to establish the basics of the concept - if things work as expected in that controlled situation, then you know you've done something irregular with your song.

Alternatively, go back to your starting point (before you added a new Bus Channel) and prove to yourself that muting the individual channels kills all sound from those channels. Then select the desired channels and create the new bus and repeat the muting example and see what happens (without doing anything else).

I've never seen Bus Channels NOT work as expected, unless you've created some additional routing that creates a secondary path to the mix bus. These things can be complicated to troubleshoot without any detailed information or seeing the song file in question, so I'm sorry if I can't give more specific feedback! :-)
I did that, and it works perfectly now! Thank you so much for helping me, I really appreciate it. I'm new to this, so please forgive me and my annoying questions, lol. Again, thanks a lot!
Old 2013-09-06, 15:34

Quote:
I did that, and it works perfectly now! Thank you so much for helping me, I really appreciate it. I'm new to this, so please forgive me and my annoying questions, lol. Again, thanks a lot!
Not annoying at all. It helps you to formulate your questions better and it helps us to formulate our answers better. Not that selig needs that.

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU