Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-09-04, 22:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerheadUser View Post
Best Buy Musical Instruments (where I purchased the product -- which, incidentally, did not have the UPGRADE labeling on it anywhere) -- has just gone out of business.
Tough luck, dude. But in the OP you did mention the green sticker. Plus the box is supposed to have the word upgrade printed on it. If this is not the case and you would like Propellerhead to show some sympathy, take a picture of the box to show that there was no indication it was an upgrade. Maybe they'll be willing to help you when you mention the shop went out of business.

Below is what the box you bought is supposed to look like. If it doesn't look like that, there is still hope.

Old 2013-09-04, 22:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy View Post
... the box is supposed to have the word upgrade printed on it. If this is not the case and you would like Propellerhead to show some sympathy, take a picture of the box to show that there was no indication it was an upgrade. Maybe they'll be willing to help you when you mention the shop went out of business.

Below is what the box you bought is supposed to look like. If it doesn't look like that, there is still hope.
Your REPLY, BonezMcCoy, certainly does offer some hope, as the box here is utterly devoid of the UPGRADE identifier. Another errie thing, is that nowhere on the Propellerhead Reason "Special Price for Reason Adapted or Reason Limited" marked box is "Version 6" -- or any version number stated.

Absence of a version number printed on the box itself, or an applied sticker, may not be abnormal for Propellerhead, but surely by my recent purchase, I imagined I was purchasing Reason Version 7.

I trust this will all be sorted out. I'll be patient... Thanks

Last edited by PropellerheadUser; 2013-09-04 at 23:40.
Old 2013-09-04, 23:37

I would Put That version on E-bay if I was you and order a new one << Reason 7 Full >> from the online shop here on this very website

but anyway I would wait the 2nd responce from Props if the waiting is not a creation killer for you !?!

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2013-09-05, 14:04

Personally speaking, I gave my Reason Adapted license (it came free with a DigiDesign Mbox) to a mate of mine who has a slow computer and a wife too stingy to let him buy a new one. The transfer took like 1 day.

I can't believe anyone would try and get money for it.
Old 2013-09-05, 21:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPaully View Post
Personally speaking, I gave my Reason Adapted license (it came free with a DigiDesign Mbox) to a mate of mine who has a slow computer and a wife too stingy to let him buy a new one. The transfer took like 1 day.

I can't believe anyone would try and get money for it.
Admittedly, I was hoping someone would chime in yesterday, and perhaps offer theirs for a very small fee, but alas, no one chimed in to offer theirs up for less than the $35.

I do understand that Adapted/Limited were often provided free with hardware. It bothers me that Propellerhead weren't at all inclined to help me get up and running, even for a modest fee.

Now, I'm sitting here waiting for the ADAPTED license to transfer from paulm0000 to PropellerheadUser, so I can register this "Upgrade from ADAPTED/LIMITED".

Now a new question:
In all the Emailing back and forth with Propellerhead, none of the Reps provided specifics, regarding how to go about getting current (with REASON 7.0.1), once that ADAPTED license is transferred to me.

In fact, I have no idea where on earth am I to get the ADAPTED Registration Number (required for registering this UPGRADE FROM ADAPTED).

Will Propellerhead Email me (or Private Message me) an ADAPTED Registration code and also, contact me yet again (a day or so later) O_O ...to provide needed code(s) that'll permit me to download REASON v.7.01 *after* I register this "Upgrade from ADAPTED/LIMITED"?
Old 2013-09-05, 21:21

The Adapted licence will be transferred to your account, you won't need to get it. Once it is transferred, you will then register R6.5. After that, all that is left between you and R7 is you buying this upgrade here.
Old 2013-09-05, 22:22

Careful! Don't Encouage Newbies to Waste Money.

Quote:
The Adapted licence will be transferred to your account, you won't need to get it. Once it is transferred, you will then register R6.5. After that, all that is left between you and R7 is you buying this upgrade here.
Wow. That's a second attempt on your part, friend, to steer me into purchasing Version 7, when that'd be a waste of my money.

Says the Propellerhead Site at their SUPPORT/Software & Hardware Products page:
"Reason 7 is a paid upgrade for owners of previous full versions of Reason. If you purchase Reason or upgrade to Reason 6/6.5 on or after March 1st you’ll qualify for a free upgrade
– check www.propellerheads.se/freeupgrade for more information."

We Newbies need to practice due diligence in checking the integrity of info received here, no matter the good intentions of the source, huh? ;-)
Old 2013-09-05, 23:27

Quote:
Wow. That's a second attempt on your part, friend, to steer me into purchasing Version 7, when that'd be a waste of my money.

Says the Propellerhead Site at their SUPPORT/Software & Hardware Products page:
"Reason 7 is a paid upgrade for owners of previous full versions of Reason. If you purchase Reason or upgrade to Reason 6/6.5 on or after March 1st you’ll qualify for a free upgrade
– check www.propellerheads.se/freeupgrade for more information."

We Newbies need to practice due diligence in checking the integrity of info received here, no matter the good intentions of the source, huh? ;-)
Nice , I wish you great fun and cool music times with your R7 already then

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2013-09-06, 00:27

Mister, May I See Your License Please?

Quote:
The Adapted licence will be transferred to your account, you won't need to get it. Once it is transferred, you will then[register for your free license seat of REASON 7.0.1]
Editied by PropellerheadUser

Now, how does one quickly tell whether or not the used license of REASON ADAPTED they've bought from a "seller" is legal -- seeing it takes so long for Propellerheads to process Customers living on the other side of the Globe? They apparently have no night shift. Haha.

It'd be great if Propellerheads would just hunker down and open a new office on our shores in the USA. Hey, with our staggering unemployment numbers, we could really use some more jobs over here. ;-)
Old 2013-09-06, 06:32

Quote:
Editied by PropellerheadUser

Now, how does one quickly tell whether or not the used license of REASON ADAPTED they've bought from a "seller" is legal -- seeing it takes so long for Propellerheads to process Customers living on the other side of the Globe? They apparently have no night shift. Haha.

It'd be great if Propellerheads would just hunker down and open a new office on our shores in the USA. Hey, with our staggering unemployment numbers, we could really use some more jobs over here. ;-)
If the licence is registered to an account, then it is legal. It is a very small company, 40 to 60 staff, and licence transfers are verified and handled by one person. As stated on the website, it takes up to 2 days to process.