Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-07-02, 13:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTale View Post
What a bunch of bullocks, an instrument is something like a guitar, or a horn or something like a violin you think you can play them without knowing how they work technically? Come one!

If you are tough enough to buy reason then your tough enough to start a road of discovery into the world of computer or mac.
Sorry missed this comment. I like a herd a young male cattle. Very frisky!

I am so pleased to know that every musician knows the technicalities of his instrument. As part of his training , a pianist builds a piano from basic parts. Every triangle player forges his own triangle.

I question your statement that every musician knows how his instrument works technically. He/she knows the techniques of playing. He/she does not know why a grand piano and an upright piano are so different. They can study these facts but not, I suggest, as part of a music course. A musician could also build a computer and learn to program but they would be distracted from playing music if they did so to any depth. Some people are very capable and know many subjects but polymaths are not easy to find.

Any update on the original problem. I am interested to know the outcome.

Last edited by Wyggy; 2013-07-02 at 13:45. Reason: Addition: Last line.
Old 2013-07-02, 23:25

no resolution yet?
Old 2013-09-06, 08:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcatalao View Post
Yep, that's a great function. I have the virtual dongle in my studio pc, and the physical dongle, in my laptop. I only use the online authorization if i need to try some re's...
Woah that sounds awesome! I have Reason 7, in my studio I have it authorized via Balance as my ignition key but now I also have a laptop & trying to authorize my USB stick that came with Reason but it's not working... How do I authorize my PC via a "virtual dongle" as you say?

Thank you in advance!
Old 2013-09-06, 22:41

Just taking a wild guess... sounds like a driver issue; do you have the latest drivers for your motherboard installed? And you've run Windows Update until there's nothing more to be installed? How about overzealous anti-virus software that could be interfering with the drivers?

http://www.propellerheads.se/support...ot-be-started/

I don't know if this driver set is compatible, but the ignition key is essentially a WIBU Codemeter, so here's the Codemeter drivers download page from WIBU...
http://www.wibu.com/en/downloads-use...wnloadnot.html

EDIT: Oh, and this "and delete the Codemeter folders." is probably not a good idea either, as it tends to leave references to stuff in the registry. Instead, you should probably be using the 'Add/Remove Programs' command, which is supposed to perform proper cleanup.

Last edited by bdurbrow; 2013-09-06 at 22:53.
Old 2013-09-07, 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by pblais View Post
I have tried... with the 6 hour time difference and their busy schedule, not much gets done

The part in bold makes me LOL.

Sorry - I took care of an internationally known CD and DVD replication business with just TWO people and we were VERY HARSHLY criticized if we let ONE e-mail go unanswered on any given day.

Oh SHIT......

DID CRICKET JUST SPEAK SOME REAL LIFE TRUTH AGAIN????

Don't attempt to adjust your dial = What I just said was and IS extremely factual.......

Last edited by RasCricket; 2013-09-07 at 12:09.
Old 2013-09-07, 13:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasCricket View Post
The part in bold makes me LOL.

Sorry - I took care of an internationally known CD and DVD replication business with just TWO people and we were VERY HARSHLY criticized if we let ONE e-mail go unanswered on any given day.

Oh SHIT......

DID CRICKET JUST SPEAK SOME REAL LIFE TRUTH AGAIN????

Don't attempt to adjust your dial = What I just said was and IS extremely factual.......
All you spoke about there is an old job you had. That has almost nothing to do with propellerhead. If you actually read the thread they were already in communication with him from the day he made his first post.

OP hasn't posted in this thread in over 2 months so, I assume it got resolved and was "user error."

Yeah...I've never had to wait for more than a couple days (weekend) for a response from props. But here's the kicker!! I never have to contact them at all because this is Reason...and it just works.