Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-09-09, 15:57

RE update process improvement

At present i think the only way to know that RE's have been updated is to go to your account page etc.. or monitor the shop page like a hawk!

It would be great to have some other kind of notification.

I don't use internet verification much to run the program, and can't think of a very slick way of updating off the top of my head - anyone else have any good ideas?
Old 2013-09-10, 12:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillydog View Post
At present i think the only way to know that RE's have been updated is to go to your account page etc.. or monitor the shop page like a hawk!

I don't use internet verification much to run the program, and can't think of a very slick way of updating off the top of my head - anyone else have any good ideas?
They could include a 'Check for RE updates' in the Reason menu. If internet etc. is available, any updates would be (optionally) synced to the system.
Probably would require a Reason restart though, as is needed when you update manually.
& the middle half of the π Dogx
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-09-10, 12:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillydog View Post

An iOS style number alert would work. Maybe visible when you are logged into your PH user account. It could sit next to the Your Account / Log Out at the top of the page.
Old 2013-09-10, 15:30

both great ideas! Thats the sort of thing i was thinking of - but couldn't express myself very clearly!

Something within reason would definitely be useful.

+ i like the idea of iOS style menu icon when logged in to the PH site, i don't go to the accounts/RE page very ofter- so an "alert" of some kind in the top right hand corner telling you there are updates available would be a smooth way of doing it!

Would anyone else like to see this kinda of idea?
Old 2013-09-10, 18:56

sure, I'd like to have some kind of notification about new RE updates. Right now, I check my account every since and then...
Old 2013-09-10, 21:06

ya this isn't something thats going to change, they want us checking out the RE shop as much as possible.