Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-09-29, 17:09

15 Tracks in 15 Weeks

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the community and would like to thank everyone here for teaching me the art of Reason. Through the tutorials and threads I have learnt a lot about synths, mixing and mastering over the last year.

As the title suggests I will be releasing 15 tracks over the next 15 weeks. Each one has taught me something new regarding producing electronic music and the time has come to show the world what I've been up to.

Have a listen and let me know your thoughts.

https://soundcloud.com/losslessartist/modified

Thanks
Old 2013-09-29, 18:01

I like this, it's prog, and heavy. Do you have a background playing guitar by chance? I like how non-repetitive it is, but still manages to keep a groove. Kudos.
Old 2013-09-29, 19:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseRyckman View Post
I like this, it's prog, and heavy. Do you have a background playing guitar by chance? I like how non-repetitive it is, but still manages to keep a groove. Kudos.
Thanks, not a guitar player but been playing drums since I was a kid, played in a few prog rock bands, d'n'b, jazz and various other styles, trying to improve in as many areas as I can. My love for electronic music has bought me here.

What about you dude?
Old 2013-09-29, 19:26

I started out on guitar, playing acoustic fingerstyle, classic rock, and I played in a black/death metal band for several years. I moved into electronic music because I like the variety of textures and sounds you can get (got tired of the bass, drums, and guitar formula).

I also performed in a musical last year, which was a unique experience to say the least.

Looking forward to your next release
Old 2013-09-29, 19:47

Quote:
I started out on guitar, playing acoustic fingerstyle, classic rock, and I played in a black/death metal band for several years. I moved into electronic music because I like the variety of textures and sounds you can get (got tired of the bass, drums, and guitar formula).

I also performed in a musical last year, which was a unique experience to say the least.

Looking forward to your next release
Didn't think I'd come accross many death metal artists on here!! Just finished a 5 year stint with a progressive metal band, check them out if you get a chance - http://www.bluegillespie.co.uk/

Musicals are a bit mental, the combination of musicians and actors can sometimes lead to astronomical disasters.

Thanks for listening dude, hope you like the next release!!
Old 2013-09-30, 00:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lossless View Post
Didn't think I'd come accross many death metal artists on here!! Just finished a 5 year stint with a progressive metal band, check them out if you get a chance - http://www.bluegillespie.co.uk/

Musicals are a bit mental, the combination of musicians and actors can sometimes lead to astronomical disasters.

Thanks for listening dude, hope you like the next release!!
Cool, I always liked stoner metal. The singer's voice reminds me a bit of the Warrel Dane from Nevermore.

Seeing as how you're a drummer, you might appreciate some of the drums from my old band. I was always quite impressed by the drummer.

https://myspace.com/azenithmusic/music/songs

Have a listen to Prone to Die. I would link it, but it's Myspace. I know, I know... It was a different time!
Old 2013-09-30, 12:15

Quote:
Cool, I always liked stoner metal. The singer's voice reminds me a bit of the Warrel Dane from Nevermore.

Seeing as how you're a drummer, you might appreciate some of the drums from my old band. I was always quite impressed by the drummer.

https://myspace.com/azenithmusic/music/songs

Have a listen to Prone to Die. I would link it, but it's Myspace. I know, I know... It was a different time!
Been a long time since someone sent me a Myspace link!! in work at the moment, I'll check it out when I get home.