Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-10-10, 16:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsanch View Post
Sounds good man... Had this playing for a while as I did some house chores. I hear a lot of subtle references to a lot of bands that I like - not sure if this was intentional or not but you got a pretty progressive, epic and atmospheric sound going on. Dare I say I even heard a little stoner rock influences creeping through.. ok, ok, maybe I'm just looking too hard
Thanks! Yeah, we all have different tastes and influences that really show through in the music, so it was really interesting to have everyone getting involved in the song-writing process. I'm sort of loathe to use the term "organic" to describe it, but it fits in this case. A lot of our ideas come from recordings of us jamming together in the studio and seeing what pops up, which we then re-visit and flesh out. It's a great way of working.

Also, I used to listen to a lot of Kyuss when I was a teen, so it wouldn't be surprising to see a little stoner rock influence there Glad you liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stompp View Post
Stolen Fire is one of the best albums of 2013 for me. If you are familiar with Adam's solo work then you need to hear this, it's very, very good.
Thanks mate! I've just packed my gear away for our little tour - we're playing eight dates with a couple of days off during the bulk of it, so we've got a practice space booked to play with some new ideas during our down-time. Can't wait!