Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-10-28, 14:39

Mixing Last Nights Gig - Problem with Loop -

Hey just want to pick some brains on this one, ive recorded last nights gig, we are using a behringer x32 compact straight into reason, everything seperate, kit, bass, guitar and 4 vocals, without realising that 40 mins into the recording the loop was set up!! So everything is there but on seperate takes on each track, what i want to know is, is it possible to have that audio as one continuous track, rather than as stacked loops? ive got 16 tracks here so im looking for a solution that i can apply to the whole lot. plus the show isnt recorded to the click, so it could get messy if i just start moving things about.
Any thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Martinreason
Old 2013-10-28, 14:52

I can't think of anything else but doing it manually... it can be a lot of work and can easily get pretty messy.
equip yourself with the tools to look at Possible phasing issues and the tools to eliminate them,
grab enough coffee and spare time and do it!

Since it's all in a loop however and it's not like you've got to choose from different takes, it actually shouldn't be too much work.
Here's to hoping the loop is snapped to Bars
Old 2013-10-28, 15:09

Sadly the loop is not snapped to bars..... Yeah its going to be a task and a half, is there not an option where it just automatically aligns them end to end?
Old 2013-10-28, 16:09

damn that sucks!
sadly, I know of no way to realign them automatically.
Alright here's how I'd do it:
I'd actually just copy and paste the loop as many times as there are takes in comp mode minus one. So if it says take 48, copy the clip and paste 47 times. now join the clips (ctrl/cmd+J)together and open comp mode. Now the tedious work begins, where you'll have to select each take by hand, along the pasted iterations of the loop. Listen to the whole thing, to make sure there are no clicks, pops, or crackles, and you're good to go.

I really hope for you that there is an easier way!
Old 2013-10-28, 18:22

In short, the answer is a simple yes.
But!
1st i guess it depends on what 'mode your editing that audio,either single clip or comp.
If you work in 'single clip mode,just select each take by dragging it to the top of the list(stack) and bounce to new samples.
Once you have each take bounced,they should show up in your audio import unassigned samples list,so now you can start from scratch.
Open new project,make an audio track,and insert your 1st take,then put curser to end of that take and insert #2 etc etc untill all loaded onto 1 track,which should then playback seemlessly.. if not then you have extra editing todo,which should be easier after previous steps ^
Does that help?

--------------LUCEO-NON-URO---------------
Old 2013-10-29, 06:36

You can also select a take by double clicking, and if you have many layers that would be much faster than dragging.