Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-10-27, 19:26

Because I was dumb , I had the box but no laptop and my pc was in a fare away studio but now I love it !

Viva R7

it rocks !

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2013-10-27, 20:44
NADesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamim2 View Post
I'm a long time Reason user/owner. I started with Reason 3 & have gotten every upgrade since. Besides Reason 7 just being cool, would somebody lay out some good, straight forward reasons (no pun intended....) why I should spend $130US for an upgrade to R7, when I'm using R6.5 please?

I'm basically looking for an excuse to buy R7. I'd really like to see some REAL user info from people already using R7 & why THEY upgraded or people using R6.5 & why THEY didn't.

THANKS for taking the time to help.
When I look back, ... Reason 3 surprised me with the Combinator device, MClass Suite & Remote technology while Reason 4 exited me with Thor, RGP-8, Tempo Automation and the Groove Mixer. In Record 1.0 the SSL, Audio support and Timestrech and in Version 6.5 the crucial reason defintily was the new format Rack Extensions. Sofar, the upgrade to version 7 has been the biggest one for me in Reason's update history. After all, some long-awaited wishes have been fulfilled such Midi-Out, Rex ability, Audio Quantize along with SSL's new additions.
Old 2013-10-27, 21:41

Quote:
WOW, thank you! I totally missed that one. That's absolutely a requirement for me too, since that's what I'm running on my Mac & I'm not planning on changing my OS. I'm VERY glad I posted this question now. Not that the other info isn't helpful too. That one is a deal breaker.
I didn't upgrade, and don't plan to do so shortly. Two main reasons:

1) My computer works with Windows Vista, and Reason 7 requiers at least Windows 7. Upgrading Reason would also mean upgrading Windows, a 250$ or more investment I don't want to make now. Like you, that's a move I don't want to do right now.

2) Most Reason 7 features are features I don't really need. MIDI out? I'm a Reason-only user, so no need. Rex making? I don't use rex that much and I'm getting used to mess with my beats with an assortment of Rack Extensions. Bus channels? Easy to do with some back-rack cabling. The only feature that attracted me was the spectrum analyzer, but I decided to go with the Red Rock Sound's RE-60 for now, which I grabbed on sale at 19$.

I think my next Reason upgrade would be related to how it would allow me to get new and more advanced Rack Extensions. I guess we'll see a day where new Rack Extensions will requier a more advanced version of Reason itself...
Old 2013-10-27, 22:14
NADesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrochoc View Post
I think my next Reason upgrade would be related to how it would allow me to get new and more advanced Rack Extensions. I guess we'll see a day where new Rack Extensions will requier a more advanced version of Reason itself...
I love Windows 7 and i'm a little afraid of Windows 8 for some reasons.Thinking of the disadvantages I'm not a fan of the cloud technology either. Windows XP was my companion for a long time. It is safe to say that VST-3 plugins require a hardware & OS upgrade too.
Old 2013-10-28, 11:18

When they announced Reason 7 I knew I wanted the upgrade because 1.) MIDI Out will allow me to use my Kontakt libraries within Reason, 2.) audio to REX makes it a lot easier to chop samples, and 3.) spectrum EQ.

After half a year of using 7, I realized two things: I haven't created a beat using sounds from external instruments and I still don't sample. So really, the only R7-exclusive feature that I actually use is the spectrum EQ.

Oh, that and grouping tracks. Which isn't that big of a deal on its own but makes organizing all the tracks a lot easier on the eyes.

Mac Mini | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 | Audio-Technica AT4040 | M-Audio Axiom 25 (2nd gen) | Reason 7
Old 2013-10-28, 13:59

I have not upgraded yet because of money issues, I will as soon as I can. I do look forward to the following:

REX file slicing and audio quantization (cheaper than buying ReCycle)
Spectrum EQ
Audiomatic RE
Reason 7.0.1 with Parsec, HM-1 & the free RE's
Old 2013-10-28, 14:58

It's funny - I was demoing 6.5 the same day I bought Live, and for reasons I cannot explain I just haven't been using Live this past year. Now that Reason 7 has a spectral equalizer and audio quantize, I decided to get rid of Live and pick up Reason 7. Those are the two things that really brought me to 7.
Old 2013-10-28, 15:02

I started on Reason 4 and Record and have always upgraded since. Had to build a new computer to handle R7 and then some so it was worth it to me to get R7 for sure.
Reason 7 = less Combinators with all the parallel and buss features. Spectrum EQ and audio quantize were certainly the main things that sold me. The Spectrum EQ has helped me immensely to realize what's actually going on that I can't hear on my speakers. The low end never sounded better in my music!
By the way, Audiomatic is really cool for getting certain sounds like radio distortion and gritty fx.

https://soundcloud.com/last-alternative
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com/
Old 2013-10-29, 16:31

haha, I know this feeling "please make me buy Reason 7, I want it so badly, but do I really need it?" - at least it was like that for me. When I mentioned my craving for R7, my girlfriend said that I do not even master R6.5 yet - why update so early... oh man, deep in our hearts we all know why we want R7. For me it was the Spectrum EQ, the easy parallel processing and bussing, the ART device is also very nice and sometimes handy, and I like the audio quantizing for vocal stuff (and instrument recordings when I need it again). I don't need MIDI out, but might want to use some VST with that. I love some of the little extras like the volume bars on the rack mixer channels and the short cuts to the rack devices in the mixer itself. I love R7 and never looked back. I also love my girlfriend, which somehow reminds me of the ability to create REX loops within reason now - a feature I still have to make use of. It will be awesome!
Old 2013-10-29, 17:03

Thumbs down

Quote:
I'm a long time Reason user/owner. I started with Reason 3 & have gotten every upgrade since. Besides Reason 7 just being cool, would somebody lay out some good, straight forward reasons (no pun intended....) why I should spend $130US for an upgrade to R7, when I'm using R6.5 please?

I'm basically looking for an excuse to buy R7. I'd really like to see some REAL user info from people already using R7 & why THEY upgraded or people using R6.5 & why THEY didn't.

THANKS for taking the time to help.
I didn't upgrade to R7 because it doesn't work with Snow Leopard.