Propellerhead Software
Old 2002-07-01, 08:09

P L E A S E ! Why do people...

...flame people?

Why do people waste their time just to FLAME your music...

most of the time people flame me... they didn't even go to the site!!

does my musik suk THAT badly?!?!
NEXT MESSAGE
Old 2002-07-01, 19:33

because ...

all they can do is sit and criticise other people's efforts in order to make up for their own personal short comings. it sucks, but just try to ignore it. The only people that matter are the ones that take the time to be constructive in their criticism, or offer support for your efforts.

Personally I really liked your Stryknyne track which you posted below. Keep up the good work and the good vibe will follow. :P
Old 2002-07-02, 04:28

Re: because ...

THANK YOU!

No matter HOW i keep track of these concepts in my head...

it can still be discouraging at times...

there are things and people and music in life that i don't particularly feel compelled towards... and i usually leave it at that...

i don't go out of my way to TELL them - to no benefit for anyone...
e n c o u r a g e . u p l i f t . p r o m o t e
Old 2002-07-02, 17:45

Re: because ...

Some very good thoughts you have there. These situations where people seem to seek errors and flaws just to get an opportunity to complain are so boring. I've found out that a certain kind of personality is connected to this: Dominant & aggressive A-type persons who think they know how everything should be. They often have high IQ but their EQ sucks.
I think a solution is to change the way one reacts on criticism (It's easier to change me than the rest of the world) - I try not to expect people to say good thinks about something i've done. The higher expectations I have, the harder it feels when i get bad criticism. An ideal situation would be when I have such good self-confidence that no criticism in the world can get me down, but still, I can learn from the constructive parts of bad criticism & enjoy good reviews.

Keep on doing your music, I for one enjoy it very much!

/Jappe/Red Skin Buddha

:THANK YOU!
:
:No matter HOW i keep track of these concepts in my head...
:
:it can still be discouraging at times...
:
:there are things and people and music in life that i don't particularly feel compelled towards... and i usually leave it at that...
:
:i don't go out of my way to TELL them - to no benefit for anyone...
Old 2002-07-02, 20:21
purplemd

Re: I hope you don't mean Me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure what you mean by "Flame"......

I checked out your tune and thoroughly enjoyed it.

However I did recommend to you that maybe you might think of not putting it into the "Trance" Classification because personally I thought it to be more "Triphop" or "Breakbeat".

IT DID NOT SUCK.......it's a damn fine tune actually !

in fact I was trying to say that I nearly didn't check it out because I thought it was going to be trance tune.
(I'm just a little sick of trance at the moment that's all)

Keep up the good work....Peace

Old 2002-07-03, 04:54

"I'm not sure what you mean by "Flame"......
"I checked out your tune and thoroughly enjoyed it.
"IT DID NOT SUCK.......it's a damn fine tune actually !

No - Not you... You were actually very encouraging!

I don't know what classifications my tracks fall into... that is why they don;'t make sense.. =)

u n k n o w n . c l a s s i f i c a t i o n
Old 2002-07-07, 09:16
norbis1121

Re:coz u r right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no
this not the matter may be u r creating some thing more that they don't want to hear ?!!!!
Old 2002-07-07, 20:48

:I have the same problem with classifications as well. I have one song uploaded called "I'm Still Here" it's under Acid Jazz and I'm pretty sure it's nothing close to Acid Jazz, but there is no other genre that came close to what I think it is. Unless it's changed, I think they should have a "other" selection on this site for uploading songs that really don't fit into any one genre, like at reasonstation. I'm trying to put together a website so I can upload my songs as MP3 or RealPlayer files (they take up less space without affecting sound quality greatly) Oh well,
Take care