Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2002-08-07, 22:05
Rob444

I really need a Midi synth, anyone know a good one?

Hello, I have messed around in Reason and I have come up with that it's very hard to make melodies in Reason without a synth :P
So my question is, if anyone knows of a good company that sells midi synths (USB) 'cheap'. And of course, within Sweden! And I also wants to know what is positive with a $3000 keyboard instead of a $150 inside Reason?

I appreciate a good answer soon :P (desperate)

/Ice_
Old 2002-08-07, 22:22

Re: I really need a Midi synth, anyone know a good one?

:Hello, I have messed around in Reason and I have come up with that it's very hard to make melodies in Reason without a synth :P
:So my question is, if anyone knows of a good company that sells midi synths (USB) 'cheap'. And of course, within Sweden! And I also wants to know what is positive with a $3000 keyboard instead of a $150 inside Reason?
:
:I appreciate a good answer soon :P (desperate)
:
:/Ice_

A
Old 2002-08-07, 22:50
Rob444

More sounds? Cant I just use a sound within Reason and use then combine it with my keystrokes I make in Reason? Or is it me being stupid? ("A
Old 2002-08-08, 00:11

:More sounds? Cant I just use a sound within Reason and use then combine it with my keystrokes I make in Reason? Or is it me being stupid? ("A
Old 2002-08-08, 00:56
jumpyhu

Sam Ash music (at samash.com) has dummy MIDI controlers with velocity for like $75-$80US. Very affordable, gets the job done.

::More sounds? Cant I just use a sound within Reason and use then combine it with my keystrokes I make in Reason? Or is it me being stupid? ("A
Old 2002-08-08, 01:17

Just so you know...

Reason actually has two synths (subtractor and malstrom).

What you want is a midi KEYBOARD CONTROLLER... not a synth. Synths make noise.. controllers don't. Just so you know for next time. Don't mean to be a jerk. ;-)

Old 2002-08-08, 13:02

midi keyboards? midiman is popular

the midiman keyboards:

- oxygen: this one has only 25 keys but 8 knobs for realtime use (this keyboard is very popular, it looks cool)
- usb 49/61: 61 is the one i use, it has 61 keys so you can play serious stuff, but it has no knobs to play with

more info:
www.m-audio.de
info@m-audio.de

:-)
Old 2002-08-08, 13:06
tjwett

Yeah, it's called REASON! read on...

dear dude,
Reason is a MIDI synth. i think what you are getting at is that you need a keyboard. if you spend $100 on a simple MIDI controller keyboard you will be able to play all the melodies in the world with the beautiful instruments in the Reason rack. you do not need an expensive hardware synth. this is what Reason is for. i suggest reading the manual to see exactly what Reason is and does. enjoy.
Old 2002-08-08, 16:25
Rob444

Re: Yeah, it's called REASON! read on...

Thank you, it was the answer I was after!
Well, I have to get a cheap one soon, kinda fast, I want to make music!!!

And thx for all other replies people!

/Ice_