Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2002-08-12, 03:51
Biologica

Need some opinions (progressive trance song)

I recently made a pretty decent progressive trance song using Reason and was wondering if any of you out there could take a quick listen to it and let me know what you think of it. I don't think it needs any additions, but any and all feedback is much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Biologica, www.mp3.com/biologica
Get the RPS file HERE
Old 2002-08-15, 23:40

Re: Need some opinions (progressive trance song)

::I recently made a pretty decent progressive trance song using Reason and was wondering if any of you out there could take a quick listen to it and let me know what you think of it. I don't think it needs any additions, but any and all feedback is much appreciated. Thanks a lot.
:
:Biologica, www.mp3.com/biologica

Hi!
Listening now, for the second time.. I wouldn't think either that you need to *add* anything. It's already too much
(espcecially too much reverb, I think).
Drums and overall producing quality is fairly good... I don't really feel for the melody, iin my ears its too happy and polite to really like, but thats only my taste?
One thing u easily can fix: I think you overuse reverb and delay. When everything is reverbed and delayed your tracks/sounds gets messy and soft... The sounds you use, bumps into each other where they're really not supposed too do so.. Try turning off theese effects on the drumpart. at least..
Listeners will get the message anyway: You got *a lot* of reverb-boxes (or Reason2.0... )
And boost the drums with some EQ to add more treble and bass (remove some mid-freq). Then compress it, and compress the whole mix too..
You need more Punch in the mix, and less Arena Reverb!
/slc

http://www.mp3.com/slc