Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2002-10-06, 18:52
simonvk

Song made with Reason in Dutch Charts!!

There's a song in the Dutch Charts which is called "She Moves" by Karaja, it might be international too. It's made with Reason, I'm positively sure! Please guys, listen to it and tell me I'm right!

You might think, "why izzie postin' this?", well I just found it cool that a tune made with Reason can get to the charts. That's shows us again how good Reason is...!!!

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 2002-10-07, 01:11

Re: Song made with Reason in Dutch Charts!!

Cool! :-) Many people ask how professional Reason is, and this is definitely something to reply. Although the tune is pretty simple, but hey :-)

Folks, just found out that you can listen to the song on Karajas website, all you need is flash
Sing to me, Karaja, sing!
Old 2002-10-07, 02:28
dancer5

Re: Song made with Reason in Dutch Charts!!

wow..sounds cool...is this ONLY Reason?

if you have JUST REASON could you make a complete song without another sequencer like cubase?

thanks
Dancer5
Old 2002-10-07, 02:37

could you make a complete song without another...

:if you have JUST REASON could you make a complete song without another sequencer like cubase?

Uhhhh...yeah! Have a listen to some of the finer tracks off of Reason Station - many are worthy examples. Hell, even most of the demos that come with Reason are complete songs! As many have said before on this forum: garbage in = garbage out, and the same holds true for the opposite. Reason's sequencer is basic at best, but can easily churn out a "complete" song.
Old 2002-10-07, 02:38

You know, that chick is a total hottie! And...

...I could swear when I first heard that track, I thought "wow, Reason could do this easy" - maybe they did use it!
Old 2002-10-07, 05:05

yeah, but...

vocals.
if you're really gonna do real vocals you need another app (like logic, or cubase).

sure, you can get samples into reason (i often write to a rapper sampled for 8 bars...something to write to), but otherwise...
Old 2002-10-07, 08:20

Reason CAN!

:Sure, with reason you can can produce songs with a commercial quality.
I've made 3 complete records and 4 remixes with Reason.
Haven't reached the charts yet. I did get into the dutch Fresh-40 on the 5th place with one record though. (Innergy - Comet Crashtest, detox records 0001).
The other records are Avalanche - Progressive Pule/Cozmic Wave on MO-Records (which is being re-released bij DJ-Beat Germany now) and an upcoming release on Altitude records (Danza Violento).
Avalanche was created using only the demo version of Reason 1. Taped some loops to DAT and cut them into a song!

The remixes are Marco Botelli - Q-point (Danza Violento remix) and Solar #7 - Hard Spectrum (Avalanche mix) which is out now on detox records (0002).

And some new tracks/remixes cI can't talk about yet...

Cheers!

Michiel Overeem
Old 2002-10-07, 09:20

Right guys! with out a doubt with REASON.

Old 2002-10-07, 09:48

Anywhere I can download a clip? (nt)

:There's a song in the Dutch Charts which is called "She Moves" by Karaja, it might be international too. It's made with Reason, I'm positively sure! Please guys, listen to it and tell me I'm right!
:
:You might think, "why izzie postin' this?", well I just found it cool that a tune made with Reason can get to the charts. That's shows us again how good Reason is...!!!
:
:Cheers,
:Simon.
Old 2002-10-07, 10:10

Re: bad stuff... sorry ;)

didn't like that music, too commercial
r a a p i e