Propellerhead Software
Old 2003-07-31, 15:12
sixela

feature wishlist - where is it then?

Seeing as some people feel that by posting feature suggestions on this forum is an affront to their territorial rights, where is the feature wishlist section?
Old 2003-07-31, 15:25

Here

Cheers,

EnochLight
Reason Feature Suggestions
Old 2003-07-31, 15:27
sixela

Re: Here

:Cheers,
:
:EnochLight

thanks!

Old 2003-07-31, 16:58

Re: feature wishlist - where is it then?

: Seeing as some people feel that by posting feature suggestions on this forum is an affront to their territorial rights

Territorial rights have nothing to do with it, it's just that it gets tiresome when you've been here for a few years. It's a difficult issue; on one hand Props want to keep their ears open for feature suggestions - on the other hand, when the same thing has been suggested 3,000 times it gets kind of stale. Most boardies (and Props) have heard 98% of them before.

The 'rudimentary ReCycle functionality in Dr. REX' item is one of those things that have been suggested umpteen times since Reason 1.0, though perhaps not as frequently as VST + Audio in + MIDI out + tempo changes + ReFill unpack.

IMHO, Feature suggestions should be handled on a separate board and not here or through some 'idea mailbox'. If people could read other people's suggestions they could discuss/elaborate/contribute, and of course check if their suggestions are redundant.

/Fred
Old 2003-07-31, 17:27

:: Seeing as some people feel that by posting feature suggestions on this forum is an affront to their territorial rights
:
:Territorial rights have nothing to do with it, it's just that it gets tiresome when you've been here for a few years. It's a difficult issue; on one hand Props want to keep their ears open for feature suggestions - on the other hand, when the same thing has been suggested 3,000 times it gets kind of stale. Most boardies (and Props) have heard 98% of them before.
:
:The 'rudimentary ReCycle functionality in Dr. REX' item is one of those things that have been suggested umpteen times since Reason 1.0, though perhaps not as frequently as VST + Audio in + MIDI out + tempo changes + ReFill unpack.
:
:IMHO, Feature suggestions should be handled on a separate board and not here or through some 'idea mailbox'. If people could read other people's suggestions they could discuss/elaborate/contribute, and of course check if their suggestions are redundant.
:
:/Fred

I'm for that.
Old 2003-07-31, 17:45

Re: feature wishlist board - where is it then?

: it's just that it gets tiresome
: when the same thing has been
: suggested 3,000 times it gets kind of stale.
: Most boardies (and Props) have heard 98% of them before.

That's true. And repeated nagging can be annoying, which has happened occasionally in the past. But still, I don't think it's off-limits if someone wants to suggest features occasionally. And if a newbie suggests something innocently, I don't think they should be jumped on. Also, some requests almost never come up. For example, the #1 thing I'd like to see added - the ability to record-enable more than one track to record from different midi controllers. So you could, for example, record a Subtractor keyboard performance, and knob-box tweaks to Scream at the same time. (Hmm...maybe I should start a thread about this. ;-) )

: IMHO, Feature suggestions should be handled
: on a separate board and not here or through some 'idea mailbox'.
: If people could read other people's suggestions they could
: discuss/elaborate/contribute, and of course check if their
: suggestions are redundant.

Yes, that would be the perfect solution. It took a while for the Props to even add the Music Board, but it reduced the "check out my groovy tune" flotsam here. IMHO, there should be a few more sections - Feature Suggestions, Newbie board, Troubleshooting, Tips & Tricks, etc. (And I've also suggested dividing the board into more sections before, so I guess this is a repeated feature request itself).

So, while you're wearing the hats, and have all the cool little icons, why don't you do something about it? ;-)

- ell
Old 2003-07-31, 17:51

Re: feature wishlist board - where is it then?

: So, while you're wearing the hats, and have all the cool little icons, why don't you do something about it? ;-)

I've done my 'propping' for the summer, haven't been at the office for over 2 weeks. The icons are just 'legacy support'. ;-)

/Fred
Old 2003-07-31, 18:30
sixela

...... it gets tiresome when you've been here for a few years. It's a difficult issue; on one hand Props want to keep their ears open for feature suggestions - on the other hand, when the same thing has been suggested 3,000 times it gets kind of stale. Most boardies (and Props) have heard 98% of them before.

fair enough, I can appreciate why people may not want to get bogged down in these things - but then you can usually tell from the title what the thread is, so those that are bored by it can always just ignore it....not difficult, just click on a different thread....
Old 2003-08-01, 00:55

well, it would be nice to have a special board for future requests. maybe a selected group of people can join it and is able to discuss about these things on a higher level. I am sure the Props are busy but I can see that their involvement on this board might be cool for future developments.

but in general I think the Props know exactly what they want and what they can do best.
@ r a a p i e