Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2003-10-06, 05:22

MIDI Input NOT Seen Reason 2.5 & FireWire 410 (M-Audio)

"With my DrumKat (MIDI Percussion Controller / Pads) plugged into the M-Audio "Firewire410" (audio interface / midi ports) , i can NOT get Reason 2.5 to recieve the notes sent from the DrumKat into Reason... I CAN get Cubase SX to see the notes... I am very MIDI adept, so i have eliminated all possible causes i can think of prior to posting here... If i launch SX as a ReWire host for Reason 2.5 I CAN select a midi track in SX and set it up so that the Firewire 410 is the INPUT of that track and so that the ReDrum in Reason 2.5 is the OUTPUT listed for the midi track in SX and it DOES work in this manner - but i do NOT normally uses Reason from within SX... I normally use Reason as Stand-Alone. Why would i be able to send MIDI note info to Reason THROUGH Cubase SX, but apparent'y NOT Directly to Reason 2.5?

Thanks for any insights..."

p.s. HELP!!!

I have A Reason song set up so that it contains a Mixer and a ReDrum (loaded with a "Tight Kit"...

I have Reason 2.5's MIDI Prefs set so that it is recieving on channel 2 from the "Firewire 410" listed as on of two possible inputs ( i have Oxygen 8 and Firewire 410 as inputs) (i SURE wish there was a way i could have input from BOTH at the same time - i think it's a little silly that Reason assumes you only have a SINGLE controller - or at least i wish you could change your MIDI input from a pop-up menu on the Sequencer control or Hardware Interface)

Is this a REASON problem or a Firewire 410 problem??
Wanna Tattle on your boss?
Old 2003-10-06, 07:46
Gwydi

Re: MIDI Input NOT Seen Reason 2.5 & FireWire 410 (M-Audio)

First suggestion; specify the drum controller as the Bus A input. Scroll the rack up so you can see the HWI and play the drumpad, and see if any midi data is being received on any of the 16 channels.

If not, you know Reason is not receiving data from it at all. If so, you know what channel it's coming in on and that's the channel number you have to have selected on the Midi page.

Assuming midi data is coming in, I wanted to make sure that you do realise that you can only "play" the redrum this way when the sequencer track for it is selected, not all the time?

G.