Propellerhead Software
Old 2003-12-16, 23:58

My wet instruments dreams

First of all:
Have you seen those 2 softsynths by arturia? Mood Modular V & Yamaha CS-80v.
I'd cream my pants if i saw those two in reason as instruments. You know, like the props made their own and added as instrument, omg that would be so cool imho.

Secondly: Adding up the ReBirth instruments, the 303, 808 & 909 as separate instruments (with individual audio output for the each drum sound)

Thirdly: To have a 'Super Malstr
Old 2003-12-17, 00:23

Re: My wet instruments dreams

Moog Modular V is great. Sounds very Moog-ish, if not absolutely 100% authentic... yet.

High quality as it is, MMV's synthesis method makes kinda (ha ha) steep demands on the CPU. It's sort of enough by itself, IMO. A bit too much to squeeze into the Reason rack. I'd rather see other instruments closer to the vintage that's already well emulated by the existing Reason modules.

Oh, another factor: I've heard from those who didn't learn these the first time around that Moog-style sound design/programming can be confusing to the uninitiated. ^_^

I would like to see the ReBirth machines ReBorn as separate Reason modules. That'd give them new lives, I think, and allow new creative possibilities for control. But I'm not sure it would add enough to Reason to be worth the programming effort.

Wouldn't mind having switchable filter order if the Props happened to toss it in, and a HPF would serve the interest of symmetry nicely. :-)

Meffy
Old 2003-12-17, 16:50
DoctorDick

moogs and yamahas - cool, but

there is no need for any 808's or 909's really... just load up some appropriate samples in the redrum and that will do it for sure
Old 2003-12-17, 22:16

Re: My wet instruments dreams

Yeah, well i want as much thinking about they being MMV's etc, i was just thinking of the layout as such, i'd just love to see something like a modular analogue synth in reason
Old 2003-12-18, 00:05

How about...

:Have you seen those 2 softsynths by arturia? Mood Modular V & Yamaha CS-80v.

Yes I have tried them both, and now I regret it because I have to build myself a new puter in order to be able to run more than one instance of each!
Sad thing is that I can't afford that right now.

I'd love to see a new rack device that emulates various electromechanical pianos such as the Fender Rhodes suitcase '73 for instance.

A Leslie speaker cabinet emulator on top of that would certainly make me smile =)

/Joachim
Old 2003-12-18, 04:20

Modules, mmm

:Yeah, well i want as much thinking about they being MMV's etc, i was just thinking of the layout as such, i'd just love to see something like a modular analogue synth in reason

*nod* Sounds good. I'd like to see a few more "little" units to handle special utility tasks. That HPF is one. :-)

Mef
Old 2003-12-18, 07:11

Re: How about...

Yeah that would be very very cool.