Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2004-01-19, 13:26

REX standard under pressure from Apple Loops

I've read a nice thread in the OS X Audio Forums about the new "Apple Loops" standard, which competes with the REX standard. It looks like it contains

- Loops like we know from REX
- A Midi version of the sounds played
- Full Sampler+Effects definitions how to recreate it

PLUS, most importantly: All this is encapsulated in a standard AIFF file which also contains a rendition of the loop ready for play.

So as a creator of loops, when you create Apple Loops, you get immediate basic compatibility to read your loops everywhere, and when used in a AL-compatible program it allows more flexibility other loops.

This is big news, indeed.

I like this flexibility, and I would like to encourage the props to include a AL-compatible Rex player in the next version of Reason.

Cheers,
Gnorpf
OS X Audio Forums Thread
Old 2004-01-19, 23:08

Re: REX standard under pressure from Apple Loops

I've read a nice thread in the OS X Audio Forums about the new "Apple Loops" standard, which competes with the REX standard. It looks like it contains
:
:- Loops like we know from REX
:- A Midi version of the sounds played
:- Full Sampler+Effects definitions how to recreate it
:
:PLUS, most importantly: All this is encapsulated in a standard AIFF file which also contains a rendition of the loop ready for play.
:
:So as a creator of loops, when you create Apple Loops, you get immediate basic compatibility to read your loops everywhere, and when used in a AL-compatible program it allows more flexibility other loops.
:
:This is big news, indeed.
:
:I like this flexibility, and I would like to encourage the props to include a AL-compatible Rex player in the next version of Reason.
:
:Cheers,
:Gnorpf

i don't think so......