Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2004-02-10, 04:12
popps

Rookie Question: Loading custom samples?

Hey all.. I was wondering how you went about loading in your own samples? I have a ton of .aiff samples I made myself, and I'd love to load them into Redrum, etc. Manual says you can do this, but isn't all that specific about how. Maybe I'm missing something. I tried loading them in (and they're labeled .aiff) ... but none of the instruments seem to see them. Is there a trick?

Thanks in advance!
Old 2004-02-10, 08:03

Re: Rookie Question: Loading custom samples?

The process is basically identical to how you load samples from a refill. However, instead of clicking the Load Patch button (which looks like a folder beside the patch name), click the Load Sample button (which also looks like a folder). Incase you're wondering, the Load Sample button on the NN19 is above the blue display. in the NNXT it's located on the left of the breakout box that you have to twirl down.

Once you hit the button a dialog window opens which allows you to find the sample on your hard drive. Navigate to the location where you have your sample stored and double click on the file.

The dialog window should dissapear and you should see the file name of the file you loaded displayed in the sampler (in the NN19 it will be at the bottom of the blue display, in the NNXT it will be beside the row the sample occupies).

Be sure to read up on publishing settings so that you can make Reason store your samples inside the RNS file. This way you can transport the file or send it to a fellow Reason-er without having to worry about links to samples being broken.
Old 2004-02-10, 08:46
popps

Excellent! I haven't gotten it to work yet, but that was very helpful. I was indeed trying to use the load patch button.
So, now I'm hip to the load sample button... but my sample won't show up in my choices when I navigate? It's definitely an .aiff file and labeled accordingly. Could there be any reason that it's not showing up when I look for it? Preferences set wrong, etc? (I'm using Mac OSX Panther, just in case that matters) Thanks for the help!

The process is basically identical to how you load samples from a refill. However, instead of clicking the Load Patch button (which looks like a folder beside the patch name), click the Load Sample button (which also looks like a folder). Incase you're wondering, the Load Sample button on the NN19 is above the blue display. in the NNXT it's located on the left of the breakout box that you have to twirl down.
:
:Once you hit the button a dialog window opens which allows you to find the sample on your hard drive. Navigate

to the location where you have your sample stored and double click on the file.
:
:The dialog window should dissapear and you should see the file name of the file you loaded displayed in the sampler (in the NN19 it will be at the bottom of the blue display, in the NNXT it will be beside the row the sample occupies).
:
:Be sure to read up on publishing settings so that you can make Reason store your samples inside the RNS file. This way you can transport the file or send it to a fellow Reason-er without having to worry about links to samples being broken.
Old 2004-02-10, 10:09
popps

Could it be the resolution? I tried 26, 24 and 96 samples, but still no luck. I'm just not getting them when I browse, but they're there... labeled correctly, etc. Preferences issue maybe?

:
:Once you hit the button a dialog window opens which allows you to find the sample on your hard drive. Navigate to the location where you have your sample stored and double click on the file.
:
:The dialog window should dissapear and you should see the file name of the file you loaded displayed in the sampler (in the NN19 it will be at the bottom of the blue display, in the NNXT it will be beside the row the sample occupies).
:
:Be sure to read up on publishing settings so that you can make Reason store your samples inside the RNS file. This way you can transport the file or send it to a fellow Reason-er without having to worry about links to samples being broken.