Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2004-03-06, 01:36

New deep house track...

Hey guys. I've finished a new deep house track. I've been working on this one for a few months now. It took me a few weeks to get the keyboard solo right; I finally got it done last night after a marathon 12 hour session. The sax part is played by Johnny Tarr, a friend of Magnus' (C-Soul) in Brighton. I made the track with Logic 6 & Reason 2.5. The drums & percussive FX are done in Reason, and the rest is Logic.

Hope you enjoy it!
C-Soul & Shawn Ward - Rainy Day (Stormchild Remix) [MP3 Stream]
Old 2004-03-06, 01:58

Re: New deep house track...

Excellent work!

When I first started raving(1998), I chose house to dance to and this, I would dance to. Very nice beat!

Reminds me of the good ol days. Props to your sax player for a nice, fluid performance.

Overall, to me, it's up there with most of the house I heard back in the day.

Cheers!
SneakyHybrid
Old 2004-03-06, 04:41

Glad you liked it. Thanks for listening!
Old 2004-03-06, 07:50

Re:NiceTune!!!

Hey guys. I've finished a new deep house track. I've been working on this one for a few months now. It took me a few weeks to get the keyboard solo right; I finally got it done last night after a marathon 12 hour session. The sax part is played by Johnny Tarr, a friend of Magnus' (C-Soul) in Brighton. I made the track with Logic 6 & Reason 2.5. The drums & percussive FX are done in Reason, and the rest is Logic.
:
:Hope you enjoy it!

I really enjoyed this tune. it had an old school feel. at around 1:00 it really started getting interesting. That bass was awesome! The sax brightens up the song. The vocals were a little unexpected, but that could be a good thing? Sounds like you layered a piano with that sax around 4:00 excellent job? The only thing I would change is the drumline, not the patternprogramming but the drum hit. It sounds kinda korgTribeish, but that's only my personal taste. Overall loved your tune. Thanks for a time pleaser...
Old 2004-03-07, 04:00

Cheers, thanks for listening. Glad you liked it.

Halfway through the keyboard solo that begins at 4:00, I doubled up the notes with a chord memorizer; I was still only playing single keys but the chord memorizer was doubling up my notes an octave below.

The first bass that comes in (the deep bass sound during the intro) is Absynth. The second (punchy) bass that kicks in at 1:30 is an ES M (Logic monosynth). After the break and the sax part, a third bass sound comes in, which is an EVP88 (electric piano).
Old 2004-03-07, 08:26

Cheers, thanks for listening. Glad you liked it.
:
:Halfway through the keyboard solo that begins at 4:00, I doubled up the notes with a chord memorizer; I was still only playing single keys but the chord memorizer was doubling up my notes an octave below.
:
:The first bass that comes in (the deep bass sound during the intro) is Absynth. The second (punchy) bass that kicks in at 1:30 is an ES M (Logic monosynth). After the break and the sax part, a third bass sound comes in, which is an EVP88 (electric piano).

Cool! Thank you for the tips. I'm definately going to look into that cord memorizer. I've sent you an email, but not sure if you got it? Hope you stick around here. Your a very good producercomposer! I look forward to your next song!
Old 2004-03-11, 01:04

Re: F in El Buddy!

Firstly, I want to say congrats for the blinding tune you got there!

It took ages to download, i'm on dialup, shared line, took 1hr! But as it was Deep House, I thought it'd be worth it.

I listen to (I.M.H.O.) Londons best House pirate (90something.something FM), and when there playing deep, funky House, your track would slip in there, un-noticed.

That square synth that came in at about 1.min was excelent, very contemperary and up to date. After that, the phazed Piano/Organ was V. good. Now the Sax! If that was an NNXT sample then hats off to you m8 because the whole thing come across like an imported .wav from another tune.

I wanted to say it was flawless (I really, really wanted to say it was). But the only thing that seemed out of place came at 00:57-01:29; that Bassy rhythem riff, It sounded a bit cheep and I dont know why, somethings up.

On all, if were talking work related pay, then your due! I've been looking for a good House tune, here, for ages, and here it was.

Did you make it all in Reason? Love to know as I'm looking to do just that.

Hat's off to da Man! A++
Burned to disc.

DW.

Old 2004-03-11, 01:11

Kick ass sax! I can Johnny Tarr's pretty good. This whole song is pretty good. Although I can more envision myself chilling to this song or cruising down the highway with it on. I'd say this is more like jazz with an electronic beat, percussion and fx. It's cool tho, good work on this stormchild. Btw, I really like that bass drum. I have trouble making my bass drum sound deep and powerfull without distorting the rest of the song at the same time.
Strifer (aka Tranzman)
Old 2004-03-11, 04:32
Jiddu

I like it
Old 2004-03-11, 06:16

House is diffenetly not my thing.

So while on the the whole the track did not appeal to me. I like several aspects of it.

The SAX of course.
All the litle extras that just tap along in the back ground with out stealing the song.

The mixing and effect are done well the whole song is very clean sounding.

This is one of the best examples of production and there is alot to be learned from listenting to this track.