Propellerhead Software
Old 2004-03-24, 00:52

Lock mixer state

I would like to be able to lock the back of a mixer to keep modules from auto routing to it. If you have more than one mixer, whichever mixer is lowest on the rack will be the one that gets routed to. the only way around this is to continually move mixers up and down. Why is this important?

if I have a mixer for drums and a mixer for synths that are both being routed to a master mixer then depending on what I need to make, I must move the mixers up and down t have them routed.

what I do now is, I take a spider audio thing and plug them into empty channels to keep a module from being routed.

Josh Mobley music
Old 2004-03-26, 09:32

Re: Lock mixer state

This can be a bit annoying, but there is one shortcut to counter it in the meantime.
Reason tries to connect a device to the first mixer it finds above it in the rack, so if you click on the mixer you want a device wired to, and then create the device, it will be routed to your chosen mixer.
it still means moving the device in the rack if you need it somewhere different though, but still, it sorts out the autorouting problem.

Or, a method I use more and more often, is to hold shift while creating a device, which stops the autorouting, then I just flip the rack and plug it in myself.

---------------------------------------

I would like to be able to lock the back of a mixer to keep modules from auto routing to it. If you have more than one mixer, whichever mixer is lowest on the rack will be the one that gets routed to. the only way around this is to continually move mixers up and down. Why is this important?
:
:if I have a mixer for drums and a mixer for synths that are both being routed to a master mixer then depending on what I need to make, I must move the mixers up and down t have them routed.
:
:what I do now is, I take a spider audio thing and plug them into empty channels to keep a module from being routed.
:
:
Old 2004-03-26, 17:08

yeah, I do both of those things too. can be a pain in the ass but it works

This can be a bit annoying, but there is one shortcut to counter it in the meantime.
:Reason tries to connect a device to the first mixer it finds above it in the rack, so if you click on the mixer you want a device wired to, and then create the device, it will be routed to your chosen mixer.
:it still means moving the device in the rack if you need it somewhere different though, but still, it sorts out the autorouting problem.
:
:Or, a method I use more and more often, is to hold shift while creating a device, which stops the autorouting, then I just flip the rack and plug it in myself.
:
:---------------------------------------
:
:
:
:
:I would like to be able to lock the back of a mixer to keep modules from auto routing to it. If you have more than one mixer, whichever mixer is lowest on the rack will be the one that gets routed to. the only way around this is to continually move mixers up and down. Why is this important?
::
::if I have a mixer for drums and a mixer for synths that are both being routed to a master mixer then depending on what I need to make, I must move the mixers up and down t have them routed.
::what I do now is, I take a spider audio thing and plug them into empty channels to keep a module from being routed.
Josh Mobley music
Old 2004-03-27, 15:57

I don't visit these parts much, but thought I'd chime in here and mention something I've been wanting in the ReMix for a while now. Perhaps this is already mentioned somewhere below in other threads, but I'm feeling a bit lazy this Saturday morning and thought I'd just throw this into this thread...

Sometimes when working on a song, my devices get routed any which way to the Remix. That's ok, I don't much mind, until it comes down to mixing and mastering time, and I've got stuff all over the place and it's becoming an inconvenience - it's even worse when I have 2 or more ReMixer's floating in the rack. So... I'd love to see some sort of "move channel" or "copy channel" or "swap channel" function on the ReMix, where I can highlight two separate ReMix channels (say, channel 6 with my bass, and channel 14 that's empty) and SWAP them. Keep swapping channels around until I'm happy with the layout. You may need to have some sort of double clipboard or buffer if the ReMix is packed already.

I like to have my drums first, then bass, then the other stuff, working left to right on the mixer. If a song is large enough, I do a ReMix for all the ReDrum's and Dr.Rex's, and then another ReMix for Sub's and Malstrom's, and maybe another for NN's. But on most basic projects, all I want to do is shove tracks around on that one ReMix. Yeah, I could be a bit more proactive and do it as I build the tune, but going knob by knob afterwards, adjusting finely tuned effect sends and eq settings is a pain.

OK, there's my 2 cents...

:I would like to be able to lock the back of a mixer to keep modules from auto routing to it. If you have more than one mixer, whichever mixer is lowest on the rack will be the one that gets routed to. the only way around this is to continually move mixers up and down. Why is this important?
:
:if I have a mixer for drums and a mixer for synths that are both being routed to a master mixer then depending on what I need to make, I must move the mixers up and down t have them routed.
:
:what I do now is, I take a spider audio thing and plug them into empty channels to keep a module from being routed.
:
:
I made this...