Propellerhead Software
Old 2004-10-26, 04:43

COLOR SELECTION

I WISH I COULD CHOOSE A COLOR THEME FOR EACH DEVICE... SO IF I HAD 3 DR.REX'S FOR EXAMPLE, I COULD MAKE ONE BLUE, ONE BLACK, AND ONE GREEN, OR WHATEVER.. THIS WOULD IMO BE MORE EFFECTIVE THAN THE TAPE STRIP FOR SPOTTING A CERTAIN DEVICE QUICKLY. ALSO I JUST GET TIRED OF ALL THE DEVICES LOOKING THE SAME ALL THE TIME REASON NEEDS A GRAPHICS UPGRADE.

CB
Old 2004-10-26, 23:00

Re: COLOR SELECTION

EXACTLY what I've been thinking. EXACTLY! Yes, I'd love to have a lilac Maelstrom, or an orange subtractor.

A minor request, with MAJOR impact I think.
Old 2004-10-27, 07:43

;-)
Old 2004-10-27, 12:43

;-)

SORRY ENOCH, BUT I HAVE MADE A CONCIOUS DECISION TO DISREGARD THE "NETIQUITTE" OF THE 90'S IN FAVOR OF THE CONVINIENCE OF NOT HAVING TO HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERY SENTENCE.. NO MATTER HOW SHORT THE PARAGRAPH I AM TYPING IS. I TRIED USING LOWERCASE EXCLUSIVELY, BUT MY STATEMENTS SEEMED SMALL AND INSIGNIFICANT. CONSIDER IT A CHARECTER FLAW ON MY PART... KIND OF LIKE A PERSON WHO JUST TALKS TOO LOUD.
Old 2004-10-27, 13:24

A conscious decision?

Typing and spelling are basic skills you have an obligation to acquire in childhood.
It's not just a fad from the nineties, you know.
Nonetheless, using only capital letters is not only wrong. The conventions often referred to as 'netiquette' (which are much older than the nineties, by the way) are observed by a large portion of internet users, particularly users of message boards, chat rooms and so on. Typing with caps lock is perceived as being very rude. In addition, assumptions will be made on the part of the reader about your level of education, your age, your intelligence and your intentions, all based on the fact that you don't type well.

Nobody will give a rat's ass about your conscious choice to make typing more convenient. Some people have decided to skip capitalization altogether, and although this is lazy (and also wrong), it's not shouting.

Now, in light of the the fact that you type with caps on, that you don't care whether your readers get offended by it or not and that your feature suggestion is stupid, I've made a conscious decision, too:

I'll just skip your posts in the future.

Tormod.

ps - your statements don't seem any less small or insignificant with caps on. They really don't.

;-)
:
:SORRY ENOCH, BUT I HAVE MADE A CONCIOUS DECISION TO DISREGARD THE "NETIQUITTE" OF THE 90'S IN FAVOR OF THE CONVINIENCE OF NOT HAVING TO HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERY SENTENCE.. NO MATTER HOW SHORT THE PARAGRAPH I AM TYPING IS. I TRIED USING LOWERCASE EXCLUSIVELY, BUT MY STATEMENTS SEEMED SMALL AND INSIGNIFICANT. CONSIDER IT A CHARECTER FLAW ON MY PART... KIND OF LIKE A PERSON WHO JUST TALKS TOO LOUD.
Old 2004-10-27, 14:15

Wow!! Lighten Up, jerk.. I was just joking.

Sorry Tormod I didn't mean to offend you with my big loud capital letters, I hope they didn't break your eardrums.(oh, i forgot you don't understand sarcasm) I just think it's silly when people get all bent out of shape over CAPS.. But judging from your reply you obviously live for such silliness. Anyway, since you are the self-appointed netiquitte police why dont you go do something about all the political and hateful crap on the general board. Stuff that's truly offensive..(I suspect) even to a humorless wanker like you.

A conscious decision?
:
:Typing and spelling are basic skills you have an obligation to acquire in childhood.
:It's not just a fad from the nineties, you know.
:Nonetheless, using only capital letters is not only wrong. The conventions often referred to as 'netiquette' (which are much older than the nineties, by the way) are observed by a large portion of internet users, particularly users of message boards, chat rooms and so on. Typing with caps lock is perceived as being very rude. In addition, assumptions will be made on the part of the reader about your level of education, your age, your intelligence and your intentions, all based on the fact that you don't type well.
:
:Nobody will give a rat's ass about your conscious choice to make typing more convenient. Some people have decided to skip capitalization altogether, and although this is lazy (and also wrong), it's not shouting.
:
:Now, in light of the the fact that you type with caps on, that you don't care whether your readers get offended by it or not and that your feature suggestion is stupid, I've made a conscious decision, too:
:
:I'll just skip your posts in the future.
:
:Tormod.
:
s - your statements don't seem any less small or insignificant with caps on. They really don't.
:
:
:
:
:
:
:;-)
::
::SORRY ENOCH, BUT I HAVE MADE A CONCIOUS DECISION TO DISREGARD THE "NETIQUITTE" OF THE 90'S IN FAVOR OF THE CONVINIENCE OF NOT HAVING TO HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERY SENTENCE.. NO MATTER HOW SHORT THE PARAGRAPH I AM TYPING IS. I TRIED USING LOWERCASE EXCLUSIVELY, BUT MY STATEMENTS SEEMED SMALL AND INSIGNIFICANT. CONSIDER IT A CHARECTER FLAW ON MY PART... KIND OF LIKE A PERSON WHO JUST TALKS TOO LOUD.
Old 2004-10-27, 14:49

Re: Wow!! Lighten Up, jerk.. I was just joking.

[red face, eyes averted]
Uhm... yah.
Hmm.. how to wriggle out of this one...
What a predicament...
Jeez.
Don't I feel like the complete asshole.
Hmmm...

(thinking of sufficiently apologetic, yet witty and seemingly intelligent replies. Finding none...)

They made me do it!
The voices!

No?

Sometimes I press post and then it's just done, you know. I'm at work. Bored stiff. The board is so full of assholes and weirdness I forgot to check for sarcasm. And the Tormod-you're-being-a-total-wanker-alarm in my head was on strike.

I thought you meant it.
That doesn't really justify a self-righteous asshole ketchup reply though, does it. Sorry.

I'll take ten pushups and go home and make music.

Sorry mate.

I'll go pollute somewhere else now. Where's my boss?

I really don't live for it, though. I try not to let petty things annoy me...
I've taken part in some of the political and religious stuff on the GF, too, so I can't ask that to stop either. I can just - I don't know - not log on for a while, I guess. Put my head in the fridge or play with my kid or something and find the right path again before I return...

I'll even endorse your colour scheme idea, OK?

Tormod

Old 2004-10-27, 15:57

No hard feelings. Happens to the best of us.

[red face, eyes averted]
:Uhm... yah.
:Hmm.. how to wriggle out of this one...
:What a predicament...
:Jeez.
on't I feel like the complete asshole.
:Hmmm...
:
thinking of sufficiently apologetic, yet witty and seemingly intelligent replies. Finding none...)
:
:They made me do it!
:The voices!
:
:No?
:
:Sometimes I press post and then it's just done, you know. I'm at work. Bored stiff. The board is so full of assholes and weirdness I forgot to check for sarcasm. And the Tormod-you're-being-a-total-wanker-alarm in my head was on strike.
:
:I thought you meant it.
:That doesn't really justify a self-righteous asshole ketchup reply though, does it. Sorry.
:
:I'll take ten pushups and go home and make music.
:
:Sorry mate.
:
:I'll go pollute somewhere else now. Where's my boss?
:
:I really don't live for it, though. I try not to let petty things annoy me...
:I've taken part in some of the political and religious stuff on the GF, too, so I can't ask that to stop either. I can just - I don't know - not log on for a while, I guess. Put my head in the fridge or play with my kid or something and find the right path again before I return...
:
:I'll even endorse your colour scheme idea, OK?
:
:
:Tormod
:
:
:
:
Old 2004-10-27, 16:48

I hope you dont mind me intruding,I dont know anyone around here..............

However, i just has to say, "that was the greatest bout of sarcasm i think i have ever seen!!!" Such a coincidence too, as it was only a day or 2 ago, that i politely asked a colleague to stop E-mailing me in CAPITALS. It was getting on my nerves for some strange reason.

Subsequently, i thought i might have been acting a little pathetic
Old 2004-10-27, 23:06

sarcasm

Actually, you didn't wink at the end of your last post so you wern't technically being sarcastic. A smile at the end of a statement means you're in a good mood and happy about what you said. a wink on the other hand means you're joking or being sarcastic.

Maybe if you didn't try to ruffle feathers you wouldn't get shit.