Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2004-11-23, 17:34

The mystery device can't be rack mounted...

I think something else is afoot.

If you look at the width of the 'Recombinator', you see it is 782 pixels wide. Also it doesn't have the standard rack ears (or any at all). So that means it couldn't fit into Reasons rack at all (even if they made the rack wider).

So I reckon it's a VST i/o device that runs Rebirthlike alongside Reason using Rewire.

Do I get a prize?
Old 2004-11-23, 18:00

Re: The mystery device can't be rack mounted...

:
:If you look at the width of the 'Recombinator', you see it is 782 pixels wide. Also it doesn't have the standard rack ears (or any at all). So that means it couldn't fit into Reasons rack at all (even if they made the rack wider).

where do you get the figure 782 from?? the combinator i'm looking at has the same width as existing reason devices. the lack of rack screws is a mystery, though.

j.
Old 2004-11-23, 18:23

::
::If you look at the width of the 'Recombinator', you see it is 782 pixels wide. Also it doesn't have the standard rack ears (or any at all). So that means it couldn't fit into Reasons rack at all (even if they made the rack wider).
:
:where do you get the figure 782 from?? the combinator i'm looking at has the same width as existing reason devices. the lack of rack screws is a mystery, though.
:
:j.

Sorry - my bad

Doing too many things at once as usual...

Still think having no ears means it won't fit in rack though.

Old 2004-11-23, 18:28

:Still think having no ears means it won't fit in rack though.

Maybe this minirack part will be in it's own window and it will have a static counter-part in the main rack..?
Old 2004-11-23, 18:35

:Still think having no ears means it won't fit in rack though.

If the Props developed a version of reason that could be used inside Cubase, that had such a thing as a re-combinator that ..... you would think they would charge for that don't you?

It would make much more sense to develop a combination rack unit in Reason. Mixer - micro mixer, the look and feel, it's all Reason stuff.

Not sure while all the concentration on lack of screws... which aren't real screws anyway, they are just bits!
Old 2004-11-23, 18:36
Cabinet

:
:If you look at the width of the 'Recombinator', you see it is 782 pixels wide.
:

I think you might refer on my .psd-file. Therefore: the 782 px width was a gues just to display the empty columns we had - since we have no piece no. 12 I resized the .psd and we're ending up with 757 px width.

But like I stated more than once: I think we're just seeing a part of the machine since the bottom line (blue selection square) is not like the lines from the three other sides. I guess there will be more to come...

Holy-moly, we'll end up putting pieces together for a whole packed rack and are just at the top of it!
Maybe...
The Propellerheads-Puzzle as .psd
Old 2004-11-23, 18:36

it's a line mixer but what does it do ???????

Last edited by skuud; 2012-03-27 at 14:41.
Old 2004-11-23, 18:43

You add in Reason devices - XT, 19s, Maelstroms with their effects and play them all at the same time from your keyboard or sequencer (mod wheel and pitch bend across all) - you'll need to manage the volumes of those devices before the sound gets to the main mixer - so the micro mixer is there to help you set up stereo field, volume and stuff like that.

it combines Reason devices into one patch, one sequencer track. Big awsome sound!
Old 2004-11-23, 18:43

You add in Reason devices - XT, 19s, Maelstroms with their effects and play them all at the same time from your keyboard or sequencer (mod wheel and pitch bend across all) - you'll need to manage the volumes of those devices before the sound gets to the main mixer - so the micro mixer is there to help you set up stereo field, volume and stuff like that.

it combines Reason devices into one patch, one sequencer track. Big awsome sound!
Old 2004-11-23, 19:18

Why are we all assuming this is a device for a next-rev Reason? I think this might be some totally separate application from Reason.

- R

:
:If you look at the width of the 'Recombinator', you see it is 782 pixels wide. Also it doesn't have the standard rack ears (or any at all). So that means it couldn't fit into Reasons rack at all (even if they made the rack wider).
:
:So I reckon it's a VST i/o device that runs Rebirthlike alongside Reason using Rewire.
:
o I get a prize?
: