Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2004-11-30, 04:57

People just face it; Reason rules again! :) [n/t]

Old 2004-11-30, 07:15

Re: People just face it; Reason rules again! :) [n/t]

Reason is very good, I give you that.
Its fast its easy and quick on music production making. But like what my friend DJ Bobby Rios says. In order for reason to be Over The TOP and take a huge leap into peoples proffessional music productions like Digital Performer, Logic, Cubase-SX and other softwares. Reason need to have the abilities of recording vocals directly.

There are many users that can not afford to purchase 2 or more music softwares with the prices they are offering just to record vocals and do music productions. With rent payments and other important bills, they are not going to fool around with their bill money to purchase 2 or more music production softwares. ALSO, many users dont have enough CPU power to operate reason and other vocal recording programs via Rewire. The only CPU that can do it without flinching is AMD-FX-53, and this has been prooven and charted by music proffessionals, But that CPU cost 1,200 dollars just for the CPU alone. and you need a special motherboard to use it, at that.

People want to make music the easyest way possible with what they have. And not spend tons of money that belongs to bills doing so. People also dont have the money to purchase Digi-001. And you have to understand that, becuase people need to pay bills first. But with the love of music, they try their best to make music.
This is where Reason falls in.

Its a affordable software but lacks the recording of vocals and usage of VST's. Maybe reason is trying to stay old school. And i totally understand that. But ask yourself. Do most people that have bills and normal job, can afford to keep buying 2 or more softwares to make music and record vocals? No they dont.

A normal computer with its DDR-RAM dont cut it either. I know becuase i have tryed it on several computers maxed out. Reason studders when using Cubase-SX or Logic via Rewire and aswell as running units like the NNXT and you have alot of midi tracks running in reason with FX and automation. As it hogs tons of CPU power and aswell as clipped very easy as you hear the digital noises when using ASIO. Also all this and using ASIO makes it worse becuase now the computer CPU has to compusate for the ASIO drivers and algorythmes aswell.
So Professionals like DJ Bobby Rios uses the sampler and cuts up the vocals and imports them in. Becuase this is the only choice he has.
But he has only one choice becuase of the lack of vocal recording in reason as he likes to use only one program for recording vocals aswell as midi programming of music that he does. But this task take's alot of time.

Its proovin that reason can do alot of work and task, but like DJ Bobby Rios did on his remix of the most famous remix of Celine Dion "I Drove All Night". Reason studdered like crazy and was driving Bobby Up the wall, but he did get the remix done.

The other thing is Reasons mixer is only intended for high and low EQ. and not Mid-EQ. which then users has to now open a EQ unit just to get a nice EQ, Hence more CPU taken away. The mixer should have at least a 4 band parametric EQ in their mixer on each channel.

Also, if your a good listener and have great ears, Listen to reason with your track playing. Then take that same track, and play it through rewire via another software like Cusbase-SX. believe it or not. the harmonic's are better and the sound quality is greater, warmer and puchyer when listening to it through rewire on Cubase-SX or Logic. Why is that.??
Reason needs to work on the sound engine more to get the same quality of these other proffesional music production softwares.
Dont get me wrong, reason is great for fast music productions. But cutting it as a proffessional record releasing and major production, it needs work.

People are asking for these feature, but reason intends not to go that route. Why i have no clue.

I believe that if Reason give the people who uses their software and actually release official records with it.
And be in compitition and try to have music production software users to go over to reason as their main software for music. They need to emplement and adhear to the demands that people are asking for.
They will be the greatest software on earth. becuase not only can you have synths and samplers that are off the wall, but also be able to have the abilities to record vocals aswell and the abilities to use VSTs. AND DONT FORGET make your own sounds and refills.
Geez the possibilites are endless.

No other software can do that. not even the most costly softwares like Protools can do that.
So just think of how many people will then run and maybe switch their music programs just becuase of these vocal recording abilties and VST usage and many features of reason and the ease of use of reason.
People yet to take reason serious due to some of its flaws of what people dont see, but yet are requesting and demanding it to be implemented in reason.
If people are asking for it, its for a reason. Becuase the want it, and they want to switch and make reason their main music program.
The Ultimate Reason that no other software can compair too.

Something to think about reason.
Old 2004-11-30, 07:37

"The only CPU that can do it without flinching is AMD-FX-53 "

Sorry but this is not true at all.
Sure an AMD FX ( 51 53 or 55) wil do the job much better, but I do not have problems with my Athlon XP 3000+.

Mostly I work with Reason rewired to Cubase SX 2 with out problems and on top of that is Gigastudio running .
Old 2004-11-30, 08:04

recording into reason would make things quite easier for me
Old 2004-11-30, 18:43

"recording into reason would make things quite easier for me"

you know... everyone has its own workflow
Old 2008-11-26, 19:46

Recording vocals or other live instruments doesnt have to be crazy expensive try free ware one really good piece of freeware is audacity it is available for mac and pc and does everything you could ask for (keeping in mind it's free of course) all you need now is some kind of audio interface i recommend the edirol ua 25 it's reasonably priced and sound quality is great it even has phantom power (as long as your very carefull i have looked after mine like it was my own child and alas i think after 2 years it's gonna die on me).
Old 2008-11-26, 21:05

You do realize that this thread is 4 going on 5 years old...right?
Old 2008-11-26, 22:36

buy ableton and rewire; nuff said
Old 2008-11-27, 17:52
bits24

Quote:
Originally Posted by auditory View Post
recording into reason would make things quite easier for me
+1000!!!!!
Old 2008-11-27, 18:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHoskin View Post
Recording vocals or other live instruments doesnt have to be crazy expensive try free ware one really good piece of freeware is audacity it is available for mac and pc and does everything you could ask for (keeping in mind it's free of course) all you need now is some kind of audio interface i recommend the edirol ua 25 it's reasonably priced and sound quality is great it even has phantom power (as long as your very carefull i have looked after mine like it was my own child and alas i think after 2 years it's gonna die on me).
I think I like you