Propellerhead Software
Old 2005-02-01, 04:17

Rebirth

The coolist thing would be to add rebirth as an instrument in the Reason 3.0 version.I really like useing rebirth,the sound quality is like no other soft synths that I use.I and others that I work with think that it would be a valuable addition...Please Make it so..
Old 2005-06-18, 00:19

Re: Rebirth

Yes, please MAKE IT soon.
Old 2005-06-18, 13:15

Yes, it is time to update Rebirth

I agree! It is a so long time without any update of Rebirth that this would be a good solution.

But for me a Rebirth-Rack like the Reason-Rack to fill with TB
Old 2005-06-19, 11:43

Re: Yes, it is time to update Rebirth

Yes, the thought of a RB-3.0 makes me drool!

www.phyle.be
Old 2007-02-07, 07:32

Re: Rebirth

Yes, please port Rebirth to OSX!! It could be a module (or modules) inside Reason. Or it could be a standalone app that you could Rewire to other hosts (like Logic). Reason is awesome and I use it for everything, but it's just doesn't have the ability to re-create the ReBirth sound or functionality easily. Being able to ad some TB's to the Reason rack would kick butt!

: The coolist thing would be to add rebirth as an instrument in the Reason 3.0 version.I really like useing rebirth,the sound quality is like no other soft synths that I use.I and others that I work with think that it would be a valuable addition...Please Make it so..
Old 2007-02-07, 12:57

move on guys

i know rebirth was a legendary instrument and all,

but weren't u here when it died its natural death?

so let it rest in peace...try not to dig it out of its grave,

there was a tb303 patch i think,and it does a pretty awesome job at recreating it,
also a rebirth refill was uploaded a long time ago,
full of sounds from the various rebirth mods.

search for it,you'll find it,

also there was a tutorial here for recreating the rebirth magic with reason.

basically reason itself is the big daddy of rebirth,
so u can do pretty much everything in reason,

the drum machine is advanced,theres matrix

theres a subtractor....a distortion unit,

just try to do a little tweaking,m sure ull get close to the rebirth sound.

peace

: Yes, please port Rebirth to OSX!! It could be a module (or modules) inside Reason. Or it could be a standalone app that you could Rewire to other hosts (like Logic). Reason is awesome and I use it for everything, but it's just doesn't have the ability to re-create the ReBirth sound or functionality easily. Being able to ad some TB's to the Reason rack would kick butt!
:
: : The coolist thing would be to add rebirth as an instrument in the Reason 3.0 version.I really like useing rebirth,the sound quality is like no other soft synths that I use.I and others that I work with think that it would be a valuable addition...Please Make it so..
Old 2007-02-07, 19:21

Re: move on guys

I can do many things with Reason. Heck my band's album was done mostly with Reason except for guitars and vocals. But what would be cool is to have the simplicity of the interface of Rebirth... we're talking about usability here not just "can I do it or not". Rebirth had an ease-of-use that made it quick to experiment and find creative ideas. It is just one more tool in the songwriter's toolshed; like having a shovel when you know there's fancy inventions like a tractor. Sure there are things you can do with a tractor, but sometimes you just need the shovel to get the job done (like planting a flower, for example).

The tb303 patch is okay, but doesn't have the sequencer function... I know you can plug in a matrix, but let's face it the matrix is probably the least user-friendly piece in the whole Reason rack. The filters on the old Rebirth 303 were awesome, which the envelope filter in Reason just is not able to mimick. And the rebirth refill? It's okay, but doesn't quite capture the destruction you could unleash from Rebirth (distortion on full + delay on full = good times). The rebirth refill only has drums, no basses. Rebirth was awesome at capturing the 303/808 sound/functionality; the market potential for having both would be huge. Isn't there a craze right now to emulate old synths?

: i know rebirth was a legendary instrument and all,
:
: but weren't u here when it died its natural death?
:
: so let it rest in peace...try not to dig it out of its grave,
:
: there was a tb303 patch i think,and it does a pretty awesome job at recreating it,
: also a rebirth refill was uploaded a long time ago,
: full of sounds from the various rebirth mods.
:
: search for it,you'll find it,
:
: also there was a tutorial here for recreating the rebirth magic with reason.
:
: basically reason itself is the big daddy of rebirth,
: so u can do pretty much everything in reason,
:
: the drum machine is advanced,theres matrix
:
: theres a subtractor....a distortion unit,
:
: just try to do a little tweaking,m sure ull get close to the rebirth sound.
:
: peace
:
:
: : Yes, please port Rebirth to OSX!! It could be a module (or modules) inside Reason. Or it could be a standalone app that you could Rewire to other hosts (like Logic). Reason is awesome and I use it for everything, but it's just doesn't have the ability to re-create the ReBirth sound or functionality easily. Being able to ad some TB's to the Reason rack would kick butt!
: :
: : : The coolist thing would be to add rebirth as an instrument in the Reason 3.0 version.I really like useing rebirth,the sound quality is like no other soft synths that I use.I and others that I work with think that it would be a valuable addition...Please Make it so..
Old 2007-02-08, 12:06

Re: move on guys

well....then USE REBIRTH !!

its still available rite?

and u have the rebirth input machine rite?

like u said.....a tractor can do so many things,but sometimes all u need is a shovel.....so U USE THE SHOVEL,u dont try to incorporate the shovel into the tractor,
u take the shovel and dig.

best of all,u dont have to buy the shovel anyymore...its free.

no further comments on this one from my side at least.

: I can do many things with Reason. Heck my band's album was done mostly with Reason except for guitars and vocals. But what would be cool is to have the simplicity of the interface of Rebirth... we're talking about usability here not just "can I do it or not". Rebirth had an ease-of-use that made it quick to experiment and find creative ideas. It is just one more tool in the songwriter's toolshed; like having a shovel when you know there's fancy inventions like a tractor. Sure there are things you can do with a tractor, but sometimes you just need the shovel to get the job done (like planting a flower, for example).
:
: The tb303 patch is okay, but doesn't have the sequencer function... I know you can plug in a matrix, but let's face it the matrix is probably the least user-friendly piece in the whole Reason rack. The filters on the old Rebirth 303 were awesome, which the envelope filter in Reason just is not able to mimick. And the rebirth refill? It's okay, but doesn't quite capture the destruction you could unleash from Rebirth (distortion on full + delay on full = good times). The rebirth refill only has drums, no basses. Rebirth was awesome at capturing the 303/808 sound/functionality; the market potential for having both would be huge. Isn't there a craze right now to emulate old synths?
:
: : i know rebirth was a legendary instrument and all,
: : but weren't u here when it died its natural death?
: : so let it rest in peace...try not to dig it out of its grave,
: : there was a tb303 patch i think,and it does a pretty awesome job at recreating it,
: : also a rebirth refill was uploaded a long time ago,
: : full of sounds from the various rebirth mods.
: : search for it,you'll find it,
: : also there was a tutorial here for recreating the rebirth magic with reason.
: : basically reason itself is the big daddy of rebirth,
: : so u can do pretty much everything in reason,
: : the drum machine is advanced,theres matrix
: : theres a subtractor....a distortion unit,
: : just try to do a little tweaking,m sure ull get close to the rebirth sound.
: : peace
: : : Yes, please port Rebirth to OSX!! It could be a module (or modules) inside Reason. Or it could be a standalone app that you could Rewire to other hosts (like Logic). Reason is awesome and I use it for everything, but it's just doesn't have the ability to re-create the ReBirth sound or functionality easily. Being able to ad some TB's to the Reason rack would kick butt!
: : :
: : : : The coolist thing would be to add rebirth as an instrument in the Reason 3.0 version.I really like useing rebirth,the sound quality is like no other soft synths that I use.I and others that I work with think that it would be a valuable addition...Please Make it so..
Old 2007-02-08, 17:34

i have been asking for this for ages...

and please, this is featur suggestion...
why poeple are trying here to discourage others to ask for what they want??

I WANT REBIRTH AS WELL!!!!!

even if it is dead, i don't care what instrument are dead

what i care about is what i like

rebirth please rebirth please rebirth please!!!
http://www.mixupload.com/stefanloran]Go listen to my sets here [/url]
Old 2007-02-08, 19:11

Rebirth or better Matrix

When I think through the features that I miss from Rebirth, the biggest thing is the 303 sound and use, though I think that the user interface could be improved.

I think what is needed is a 303 module in Reason or a redone Matrix interface. The Matrix needs to be more user-friendly. For example, when selecting gate levels (the bar graph-like area), you cannot see the value of these levels, so there is no precise control over the gates. Also, you have to switch between octaves manually; whereas I think the Matrix should display at least 2 or 3 octaves at a time.

I could live without the 808 when it comes down to it, b/c Redrum is good enough.

: well....then USE REBIRTH !!
:
: its still available rite?
:
: and u have the rebirth input machine rite?
:
: like u said.....a tractor can do so many things,but sometimes all u need is a shovel.....so U USE THE SHOVEL,u dont try to incorporate the shovel into the tractor,
: u take the shovel and dig.
:
: best of all,u dont have to buy the shovel anyymore...its free.
:
: ...............
:
:
: no further comments on this one from my side at least.
:
:
:
:
: : I can do many things with Reason. Heck my band's album was done mostly with Reason except for guitars and vocals. But what would be cool is to have the simplicity of the interface of Rebirth... we're talking about usability here not just "can I do it or not". Rebirth had an ease-of-use that made it quick to experiment and find creative ideas. It is just one more tool in the songwriter's toolshed; like having a shovel when you know there's fancy inventions like a tractor. Sure there are things you can do with a tractor, but sometimes you just need the shovel to get the job done (like planting a flower, for example).
: : The tb303 patch is okay, but doesn't have the sequencer function... I know you can plug in a matrix, but let's face it the matrix is probably the least user-friendly piece in the whole Reason rack. The filters on the old Rebirth 303 were awesome, which the envelope filter in Reason just is not able to mimick. And the rebirth refill? It's okay, but doesn't quite capture the destruction you could unleash from Rebirth (distortion on full + delay on full = good times). The rebirth refill only has drums, no basses. Rebirth was awesome at capturing the 303/808 sound/functionality; the market potential for having both would be huge. Isn't there a craze right now to emulate old synths?
: : : i know rebirth was a legendary instrument and all,
: : : but weren't u here when it died its natural death?
: : : so let it rest in peace...try not to dig it out of its grave,
: : : there was a tb303 patch i think,and it does a pretty awesome job at recreating it,
: : : also a rebirth refill was uploaded a long time ago,
: : : full of sounds from the various rebirth mods.
: : : search for it,you'll find it,
: : : also there was a tutorial here for recreating the rebirth magic with reason.
: : : basically reason itself is the big daddy of rebirth,
: : : so u can do pretty much everything in reason,
: : : the drum machine is advanced,theres matrix
: : : theres a subtractor....a distortion unit,
: : : just try to do a little tweaking,m sure ull get close to the rebirth sound.
: : : peace
: : : : Yes, please port Rebirth to OSX!! It could be a module (or modules) inside Reason. Or it could be a standalone app that you could Rewire to other hosts (like Logic). Reason is awesome and I use it for everything, but it's just doesn't have the ability to re-create the ReBirth sound or functionality easily. Being able to ad some TB's to the Reason rack would kick butt!
: : : :
: : : : : The coolist thing would be to add rebirth as an instrument in the Reason 3.0 version.I really like useing rebirth,the sound quality is like no other soft synths that I use.I and others that I work with think that it would be a valuable addition...Please Make it so..