Propellerhead Software
Old 2005-03-07, 01:46

Techno Reel

Techno Reel was actually created in Autumn of last year. Although I usually produce songs which are purely Techno or Hard Rock, I decided to experiment with a track which would combine Irish Music with Techno. If you are wondering - Yes, I am Irish!

Since most Irish Music is dance music of an older form, I saw no reason why this type of material could not be mixed with its modern day equivalents such as Techno. After all, Irish Reels and most Techno tracks share the same beat: 4/4 common time.

Could you please fill me in on what you think of Techno Reel and the concept behind it.

Thanks

Dance FX 21
Old 2005-03-07, 15:33

Where is it? n/t

Techno Reel was actually created in Autumn of last year. Although I usually produce songs which are purely Techno or Hard Rock, I decided to experiment with a track which would combine Irish Music with Techno. If you are wondering - Yes, I am Irish!
:
:Since most Irish Music is dance music of an older form, I saw no reason why this type of material could not be mixed with its modern day equivalents such as Techno. After all, Irish Reels and most Techno tracks share the same beat: 4/4 common time.
:
:Could you please fill me in on what you think of Techno Reel and the concept behind it.
:
:Thanks
:
ance FX 21
Old 2005-03-08, 01:03

What do you mean?

I read some of your comments and would guess that you are into orchestral music. I have listened to some orchestral music myself and liked it, but if you are suggesting that Irish music has to be played using traditional instrument patches, then show me the rule book!

There are no hard and fast rules to any music composition. In fact, over the decades, Irish music has evolved into many different forms. It has been mixed with Rock several times, played with instruments from countries as far as China, and even mixed with traditional music from other countries. I even heard a piece which was a cross between Chinese and Irish music and it was very interesting. Techno combined with Irish music is really no different - it is just another deviation.

Your comment *Where is it?* doesn?t tell me anything about the track. If you said something more specific, it would give me a better idea of what you are thinking. Remember, the track is experimental - some experiments work, some don?t. If musicians didn?t push the boundaries, how could all the different types of music around the world evolve. Also, when orchestral music was first played, many people rubbished it. If such people had their way then, you wouldn?t have your orchestral music today.

Dance FX 21
Old 2005-03-08, 02:32

Re: What do you mean?

I'm sorry. I should have taken the extra time to either

a) assumed your song file was a Reason published song located in the songs section on this website and searched around for "Techno Reel". This often tends to be a wild goose chase, and I couldn't be bothered this time.

or

b) written in full "I don't know where your song file is, so I can't listen to it and maybe review it even though I would like to.".

I wasn't taking the piss out of you, your music, your country, your folk traditions, ales, Riverdance, history, football (they have football in Ireland?), or any other thing you might take offense by.

I was simply asking you where your song file is located on the internet. It's a big place.

So I apologize for confusing you, and ask you kindly to give us a clue as to where your music is to be found.

That's all.

Cheers,
Tormod

:I read some of your comments and would guess that you are into orchestral music. I have listened to some orchestral music myself and liked it, but if you are suggesting that Irish music has to be played using traditional instrument patches, then show me the rule book!
:
:There are no hard and fast rules to any music composition. In fact, over the decades, Irish music has evolved into many different forms. It has been mixed with Rock several times, played with instruments from countries as far as China, and even mixed with traditional music from other countries. I even heard a piece which was a cross between Chinese and Irish music and it was very interesting. Techno combined with Irish music is really no different - it is just another deviation.
:
:Your comment *Where is it?* doesn?t tell me anything about the track. If you said something more specific, it would give me a better idea of what you are thinking. Remember, the track is experimental - some experiments work, some don?t. If musicians didn?t push the boundaries, how could all the different types of music around the world evolve. Also, when orchestral music was first played, many people rubbished it. If such people had their way then, you wouldn?t have your orchestral music today.
:
ance FX 21
Old 2005-03-08, 17:30

Finding Techno Reel

I'm very sorry about that!

I think I over-reacted to your reply!

The track should be available as a download from the Reason Song Archive. I tested it a couple of times and it seems to work. There are no extra refills involved. As of yet, I have no site up and running although I am seriously considering it.

I downloaded your track and found that you were also into techno. I didn't have the required refills for it. The parts which I could hear reminded me of Deep Dish, one of my favourite DJ artists. After listening, I then thought you might be referring to the techno content of my track which I kept minimal to maintain a smoother flow. I don't know if I should be referring to the track as Techno Reel or Reel Rock. If your get the track, please tell me what you think of it.

Again, apologies

Dance FX 21