Propellerhead Software
Old 2005-04-23, 05:51

Creating my own NN-XT patches.

I'm sampling some wavs from the synths in Tracktion and I'm trying to make some funky patches for the NN-XT. What I would like to do is have one of the layers play only when the key is released. At that point I want it to play backwards from the end of the file. I used to that on my ASR-10 by turning off the key down for that layer and leave the key up enabled and would like to do it with my lovely NN-XT. Just for detail, I'm creating a synth that sweeps down and loops.(Layer 1) My release for that wave is around .94 secs and wanted the reversed sample to ramp up quickly, but only during the release.(Layer 2) The JX-10 that I sampled it from does that, but I can't seem to translate the parameters to make it function similarly in Reason. I admit, I'm more of a sampler than a synthesist so some parameters are still foreign to me after all these years.

BTW, I'm still using 2.5

Runoff Records
Old 2005-04-23, 17:57

Re: Creating my own NN-XT patches.

? some wavs from the synths in Tracktion and I'm trying to make some funky patches for the NN-XT. What I would like to do is have one of the layers play only when the key is released. At that point I want it to play backwards from the end of the file. I used to that on my ASR-10 by turning off the key down for that layer and leave the key up enabled and would like to do it with my lovely NN-XT. Just for detail, I'm creating a synth that sweeps down and loops.(Layer 1) My release for that wave is around .94 secs and wanted the reversed sample to ramp up quickly, but only during the release.(Layer 2) The JX-10 that I sampled it from does that, but I can't seem to translate the parameters to make it function similarly in Reason. I admit, I'm more of a sampler than a synthesist so some parameters are still foreign to me after all these years.
:
:BTW, I'm still using 2.5
:
:
I don't think this can be done in Reason alone,
because it uses note on note off. I would sugest using a Rewire host like Logic or Cubase
and try mapping to 2 NNXT's one down one up.
It may then be possible but that is a stab in the dark on my part. Sorry I can't be more helpfull.

Good luck anyway.

Will
Old 2005-04-24, 02:15
knowname

i got some patches that do just that, trigger by release. but i cant figure it out to save my life how its done?? ive muted and soloed everything in the nnxts remote editor to see whats causeing the effect, bu ionno!! i dont know if its the way the samples are sampled, or if its the nnxt actually doing it. they the little flyer that came with the refill says quote

"...One or more layers are triggerd by release. It means that the layer will start playing the sample when you release the key(like a guitars fret noise) Originally the NNXT sampler has no Trigger by release function, it is a tweek that we discoverd last year..."

it works, but i dont know how..lol. if you want i can save one of the patches and send it to you. you wont have the samples, but you should have the settings for the layers.
Old 2005-04-24, 02:50

First, like mentioned, that we know of, Reason doesn't do this, so I would think you would have to use MIDI OX to change the release values from the JX-10 to something you can use in Reason.

Then, there is the also mentioned Pink Noise Studio's discovery of this ability that's like a quirk but does work. It's very cool.

But I think you want to use seperate polyphonic release 'hits'. I think this is interesting, and exactly like something I would want to use, but I'm sorry, I haven't had time to fart properly lately. Maybe I'll get back-I want to do it, too.

-Oggy
Old 2005-04-24, 04:28
knowname

:Then, there is the also mentioned Pink Noise Studio's discovery of this ability that's like a quirk but does work. It's very cool.

PPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAAASSSEEEEEEEEE exlain how it works!!! some fret after a guitar would be toooight! foreal i cant figure out how its done, im sure its something simple that im missing
Old 2005-04-24, 04:48
knowname

heheh...cryed too soon, i figured it out for the most part..i was right..pretty simple:

loop start - 0%
loop end - 0%
loop mode - FW-Sus

that gets you the basic effect, then just tweek to your liking

that takes care of half your patch fx, the looping backward part sounds like just alotta good timing and envelopes
Old 2005-04-26, 11:28

heheh...cryed too soon, i figured it out for the most part..i was right..pretty simple:
:
:loop start - 0%
:loop end - 0%
:loop mode - FW-Sus
:
:that gets you the basic effect, then just tweek to your liking
:
:that takes care of half your patch fx, the looping backward part sounds like just alotta good timing and envelopes

Yep!!! I found it in combi axe patch, the old fret noise. also play around with the amp env release for more sustain on the up samlpe.
luv it!!!!