Propellerhead Software
Old 2005-05-05, 22:22

Importing Midi file into reason 2.5

Can anyone tell me what Im doing wrong. I am importing a midi file into reason 2.5. The file imports well enough and I can see all the midi information in the timelines but I can't hear any sound. I start with an empty rack and then add a mixing desk, then I import the midi file. The lights and level indicators are showing a signal but alas, no sound. Can anyone help?

Regards

Shiny:-)
Old 2005-05-05, 22:29

Re: Importing Midi file into reason 2.5

Can anyone tell me what Im doing wrong. I am importing a midi file into reason 2.5. The file imports well enough and I can see all the midi information in the timelines but I can't hear any sound. I start with an empty rack and then add a mixing desk, then I import the midi file. The lights and level indicators are showing a signal but alas, no sound. Can anyone help?
:
:Regards
:
:Shiny:-)

You have to create and instrument, say a subtractor and then assign the midi file track to the subtractor using the drop own box in the sequencer window that is usually to the right of the text that says "Subtractor 1" or whatever you name it. you may also need to transpose the midi file or the oscillators of your rack device to get the right timbre.