Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2006-06-09, 03:59

Play and record notes from more than one control surface

The main thing about Reason that limits my enjoyment of music making is the fact that I cannot "play" two devices at the same time from different control surfaces. This still drives me up a wall. When I'm writing a song, I might want my Radium49 to control a polysynth patch, and I want my Remote25 to control a lead synth. This is how you write a melody over a chord progression, right? But this is still a nasty chore in Reason.

Or suppose I'm working with someone else, and we have a good groove going and I want to record all the things we're playing on separate control surfaces to the sequencer so we can turn it into a song. This should be supported in Reason.

The part that really drives me nuts is that I can control (and record!) changes to knobs and faders on different devices using separate control surfaces, but I can't play notes. It doesn't make sense and it kills my workflow. "Play Your Reason System" still sounds like a cruel joke to me.

If you feel the same way, please post a reply urging the Props to re-think their approach to multiple control surfaces.
Old 2006-06-23, 00:16

Re: Play and record notes from more than one control surface

Me too.
Old 2007-07-28, 15:21

Re: Play and record notes from more than one control surface

Am sometimes playing music with friends and then there is one of us on the keayboard and the second using pads to play samples/effect.. which are recognized as keys. (I/we use a novation remote 0 SL + m-audio oxygen 49)
in the end you just have to do two passes, which just kills the groove.

it also prevents the use of the pads of the remote 0SL, which is a shame as this controller is really totally integrated in reason.
document 02